Thread: Ricoh MPC3502

Technician

Question Ricoh MPC3502

Greetings, I have Ricoh MPC3502's that are losing color quality on the printing end only. Color copies on the same machine are fine. When you do a color calibration test pattern for both copying and printing, the copy color calibration test pattern is perfect. However, the printing color calibration test patterns are light right in the middle of the pattern. We have tried everything to fix this issue firmware updates PCU units, belts etc to no avail. We can correct the issue by simply doing a factory reset. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what this might be and a better fix other than the factory reset.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3502

Re: Ricoh MPC3502

I've seen this once on a C4503. I scanned the light printed calibration output and it corrected itself.

Technician

Thanks Eddy. That does not work for us. Only factory reset works and I'm looking for something better.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We have the same issue. We advise customers to never calibrate. Fortunately these machines hold color quality pretty consistently with no calibration.

Trusted Tech
    Ricoh MPC3502

the only thing I can think of is that the last printer firmware update somehow lead to a corrupt installation. You may want to consider reinstalling the machine's entire firmware, just to be sure

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3502

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac2 View Post
    the only thing I can think of is that the last printer firmware update somehow lead to a corrupt installation. You may want to consider reinstalling the machine's entire firmware, just to be sure
    Do not use the package firmware as it will only update those firmware modules that are not current. It will not rewrite those modules that are the same version as what is in the package.