Technician

Ricoh 2554, op panel keys not working

Working on a Ricoh 2554, had error code 672-11, replaced control PWB, error went away, now none of the keys work on op panel. The LCD part works fine, just cant use any keys, i.e start, counter, 10 key pad, etc. Has anyone else seen this and have any suggestions, TIA.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 2554, op panel keys not working

Hi there!
    672-11 in the METIS / CORONA-range is normaly loose cable or defective cable. There was a whole series were the cables from controller to panel were damaged.
    Greetings...

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bocfus View Post
    Working on a Ricoh 2554, had error code 672-11, replaced control PWB, error went away, now none of the keys work on op panel. The LCD part works fine, just cant use any keys, i.e start, counter, 10 key pad, etc. Has anyone else seen this and have any suggestions, TIA.
    I have attached two bulletings about SC672 from ricoh in regards to this machine. First one relates to cabling as Zeldaman mentioned, the other regards to controller board issues. You might be able to revive that controller board you replaced if you still have it.

rfg068034.pdf

rfg077369.pdf

Technician

Just talked to HY-Tec and they said this is a common problem, they been repairing a lot of OP Panels. Whats been the case is that the customer will walk up to the copier and they would get a shock, this can make the op panel stop working. My suggestion would be to put shock proof mats in front of the copier. I thought it was strange but it happened to me twice in the past couple weeks. Putting mats down now.