Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 03's magenta pcu

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    Yeah, after a few hundred K's , months of use, not after afew days .
    Not days, but as fast as 20k-30k on some units, generally less than 100k. For some we are cleaning out and replacing developer monthly. No real solution seems to be available.

Sorry for the OT to the OP.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Not days, but as fast as 20k-30k on some units, generally less than 100k. For some we are cleaning out and replacing developer monthly. No real solution seems to be available.

Sorry for the OT to the OP.
    The only ones I have that fill up that fast are the few that don't do the proper about of volume and coverage per month the machine is designed to do. You can turn on toner refresh in SP mode and it might help. I'm not real convinced on that yet though.

You could increase the number of process control cycles or the blade bend prevention patterns to make is use more toner. That might help.

It seems like they all eventually build up and cause smearing eventually though.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Well speak of the devil. The problem machine I was just talking about just called to complain of poor copy quality. I was just there on the 14th and cleaned out the toner recycler, drum cradle front and back and around the dev roller because it was tonered up and smearing copies. I'm bringing a new recycler and drum.

To give you an idea of how terrible their volume is they've done about 60k copies between august when we did a 300k pm and the last time I was there. So about six months.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 03's magenta pcu

This is what the drum unit looks after using this crap toner on every machine it has been put in. We should start a 'rogues gallery' of dodgy toners.

Attachment 38944Attachment 38945
    If that is an aftermarket drum, that is part of the problem. I have used those dark green drums before, and granted, they have a hard coating, but you talk about toner dusting/dirty running. The light color blue-green ones work much better.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

This is what the drum unit looks after using this crap toner on every machine it has been put in. We should start a 'rogues gallery' of dodgy toners.

Attachment 38944Attachment 38945
    I too tried to save money on my 1060 to mp6001 and took a beating in toner dumping and shading copies.....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

another reason i was asking was i noticed something in sc mode output mode that i hadn't before on other models....if you get to the toner supply motor section
    (142-155)...only the magenta one has a second option that says "Toner Supply Motor M:CW: (ITB contact)"

Also the other one has CCW: Standard rather than just Standard

What is that about?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 03's magenta pcu

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    another reason i was asking was i noticed something in sc mode output mode that i hadn't before on other models....if you get to the toner supply motor section
    (142-155)...only the magenta one has a second option that says "Toner Supply Motor M:CW: (ITB contact)"

Also the other one has CCW: Standard rather than just Standard

What is that about?
    CW means Clock Wise
    CCW means Counter Clock Wise

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh 03's magenta pcu

Angry Re: Ricoh 03's magenta pcu

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I too tried to save money on my 1060 to mp6001 and took a beating in toner dumping and shading copies.....
    I worked for a company that was a Ricoh dealership....every year or so when they would burn through a service manager the new servicemoron would decide we needed to use NAtraiding drums...they were inconsistent garbage and as if Ricoh's did not have enough toner control issues, these made it way worse. "Sir, these drums only last half the life as OEM and developer lasts 1/3 if that and the clutches and drive system is not forgiving when the dev unit puked all into them" "Servicemoron~ But they cost half as much! so just look at all the money to be saved!" We had good luck with certain Kaytun drums but only on a few Konica models.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    CW means Clock Wise
    CCW means Counter Clock Wise
    I kinda thought the same

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    I worked for a company that was a Ricoh dealership....every year or so when they would burn through a service manager the new servicemoron would decide we needed to use NAtraiding drums...they were inconsistent garbage and as if Ricoh's did not have enough toner control issues, these made it way worse. "Sir, these drums only last half the life as OEM and developer lasts 1/3 if that and the clutches and drive system is not forgiving when the dev unit puked all into them" "Servicemoron~ But they cost half as much! so just look at all the money to be saved!" We had good luck with certain Kaytun drums but only on a few Konica models.

I stopped using KATUN drums,fuser rollers etc
    after burning thru rebuilding 20-30 ricoh 220 drum units.....
    There are some really solid drums made from Germany and Japan but one should
    really visit the NOMDA conventions..I did way,way back as an excuse to go to Vegas
    but saw a lot of suppliers out there..