Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3503 Paper Exit Squeaking

Re: MP C3503 Paper Exit Squeaking

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    is it best to apply some type of lubricant such as wd-40 on the bushing or grease? (i use lubriplate bentone grease)

And are the bushing the correct place to apply either? Or could the squeaking be coming from the plastic rollers on it?
    WD 40 will solve your problem for the time being. that can be used for narration of cause.
    Please understand that if there is squeaking noise, that means there is more friction between some parts.
    Whatever it is ( Metal-metal, Iron to brass, plastic etc.)
    First thing is to remove complete unit and clean all parts with IPA OR diesel ( you also need to check the loading on these unit. i.e. if Fuser is jammed cleaning only output assy. will not help.)
    Try to contact some industrial oil supplier & not gas station, and try to get heat resistant grease from them. this is thick, effective but costly.
    Once you put it very little, just on contact area, not too much, you will be free for next one year.
    Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

DO NOT use WD40 on brash bushings.. it will cause them to dry out .. I like to use a product called TriFlo... it has Teflon particles in the oil.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3503 Paper Exit Squeaking

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    is it best to apply some type of lubricant such as wd-40 on the bushing or grease? (i use lubriplate bentone grease)

And are the bushing the correct place to apply either? Or could the squeaking be coming from the plastic rollers on it?
    WD 40 will solve your problem for the time being. that can be used for narration of cause.
    Please understand that if there is squeaking noise, that means there is more friction between some parts.
    Whatever it is ( Metal-metal, Iron to brass, plastic etc.)
    First thing is to remove complete unit and clean all parts with IPA OR diesel ( you also need to check the loading on these unit. i.e. if Fuser is jammed cleaning only output assy. will not help.)
    Try to contact some industrial oil supplier & not gas station, and try to get heat resistant grease from them. this is thick, effective but costly.
    Once you put it very little, just on contact area, not too much, you will be free for next one year.
    Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

DO NOT use WD40 on brash bushings.. it will cause them to dry out .. I like to use a product called TriFlo... it has Teflon particles in the oil. Both Canon and Ricoh schools teach use NOT to use WD40

Are you 100% sure that the squeal is coming from the paper exit?
    I've had a heap of 03 PTR rollers squealing lately...replaced the ptr assy and no more squeaks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks all very much...sorry for the slow reply.

I used tri-flow lubricant and put some on the bushings for just the exit roller section as well as the 4 white rollers...didn't touch the duplex rollers.

Everything is smooth as butter for now! Thanks so much...will update if i see this come back and should have heeded the warning to avoid lubricating them