Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Lanier MP 7502 issues when printing mixed sizes...

My service ticket says:
    "When printing mixed sizes, printing the legal size shrinks the copy down and does not print the correct size".
    Sounds like legal original "in" and 8 1/2 x 11 "out".
    And it sounds like they want Legal "in" and Legal "out".

Is this the way this is supposed to work? Is there a setting set wrong somewhere.
    Anyway to make Legal "in" and Legal "out" happen?

This is my first MP 7502 to have to look at and I get thrown an odd ball problem...LOL.

Thanks

Jeff in STL

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Lanier MP 7502 issues when printing mixed sizes...

don't let the size of the machine intimidate you...they are simply bigger printers. This is probably a driver setting. Watch the operator's actions and look to see if what you are thinking is correct, I believe you are.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

My guess is that you have a driver function enabled often called fit-to-image. Essentially it enlarges or reduces whatever the electronic page size is to fit onto your default tray paper size.

This feature is especially useful when your enduser is dumb as a post confused.
    "I sent a print job, and it keeps telling me to load paper to the bypass tray."
    "Show me what you mean ... Ok, see where it says "Load LEGAL paper to the bypass"? That means that you're trying to print a legal sized image but have no legal sized paper."
    "But I want it to print!"
    "Indeed. Onto legal sized paper?"
    "Um ... I don't have any legal paper."
    "Well I tell you what we can do. There is this driver function called "Fit-to-image" ..."
    etc, etc, etc
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I had the women's clinic at a in a nearby city call once because it kept saying please load legal paper in tray 4. They said that they did not ever use legal size and therefore did not have any. As I was at the main hospital a few blocks away I grabbed some legal paper from the machine in human services and went over to the clinic. Tray 4 was empty and set for legal. I put the legal paper in and it printed a fax. I then took the paper out and set the tray for letter LEF. The next time they got a legal size fax, the fax function auto reduced the it to fit letter since there now was not a tray set for legal.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

When you say printing I assume you're saying job sent from computer, but then you say original so I think copying. If printing then everyone is correct that it's probably a driver setting. If it's a copy job then if you have auto reduce\enlarge and mixed size originals chosen then it will do what you refer to. Make sure you have full size as default and set originals to mixed size and set to default. Ignore this if I'm way off track.
    Totoro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Not sure why but switching the legal drawer to "auto detect" straightened everything out.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff in STL

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    Not sure why but switching the legal drawer to "auto detect" straightened everything out.

Thanks everyone!

Jeff in STL
    Why would you not have it set to auto select?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Why would you not have it set to auto select?
    I just recently started working on this new clients 55 copiers. Most are older Ricoh color and MP 6001 , 6002 and 7502's. This one was already setup this way.
    LOL almost every unit has the mail stacker on the finisher too...20 years in the business and I had never encountered the mail box stacker.

These clients are demanding too. I had 6+ calls added to my day before noon raising my total to 12. I go to one of their calls on a MP 6002...reason, jamming.
    Walked in the guarded door after they go through my tool bag. Get to the machine...there lies half of a fuser drive gear. So I had the same issue earlier at a different location and exhausted the last of my fuser spares and was not able to fix it and notified the operator. But from across the room I'm being yelled at by another desk bound female and she says she needs me to fix HER MP 6001 right now. I let her know that i could not do that right now that she would have to call it into the office and get her repair job in the que. "Oh here we go again...another company not willing to do their job when needed" in a loud voice. I told her so everyone would hear that I was sorry but her machine is equally important as other machines in her company...not more important. And that others were ahead of her and would be fix based on the order that their calls were received.
    She blew a gasket and others were telling her to calm down, i noticed some others laughing at her. I told her she needed to call the office and schedule her appointment or it might be 2 days before I'd make it back. Her problem: it jammed twice in 1000 copies..and her world was crumbling. You gotta love young peoples entitlement issues!(she was 20 something).

Jeff

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    I just recently started working on this new clients 55 copiers. Most are older Ricoh color and MP 6001 , 6002 and 7502's. This one was already setup this way.
    LOL almost every unit has the mail stacker on the finisher too...20 years in the business and I had never encountered the mail box stacker.

These clients are demanding too. I had 6+ calls added to my day before noon raising my total to 12. I go to one of their calls on a MP 6002...reason, jamming.
    Walked in the guarded door after they go through my tool bag. Get to the machine...there lies half of a fuser drive gear. So I had the same issue earlier at a different location and exhausted the last of my fuser spares and was not able to fix it and notified the operator. But from across the room I'm being yelled at by another desk bound female and she says she needs me to fix HER MP 6001 right now. I let her know that i could not do that right now that she would have to call it into the office and get her repair job in the que. "Oh here we go again...another company not willing to do their job when needed" in a loud voice. I told her so everyone would hear that I was sorry but her machine is equally important as other machines in her company...not more important. And that others were ahead of her and would be fix based on the order that their calls were received.
    She blew a gasket and others were telling her to calm down, i noticed some others laughing at her. I told her she needed to call the office and schedule her appointment or it might be 2 days before I'd make it back. Her problem: it jammed twice in 1000 copies..and her world was crumbling. You gotta love young peoples entitlement issues!(she was 20 something).

Jeff
    We were the servicing dealer for a number of Ricoh direct customers. Most of them had the nine bin mail boxes install on all 50+ ppm B/W, MP C6501 and MPC6502. Key personnel in each department had their own assigned bin, set in the print driver. They also had one poc, either the receptionist or the IT department, that placed all service calls. That person or department would check the machine before contacting us to make sure it wasn't something that was a key operator correctable problem. They would also handle all supply ordering. Anyone who did not want to follow proper procedure were not long with the company.