Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh MP C6502

Technician

Ricoh MP C6502

Hi All!

We've been using our C820dn for several years now (and you guys have help me keep her running!).

But I have a chance to get a MP C6502 for about a grand. They claim it is fully functional with the SR4090 finisher. I don't know the page count yet.

We do a lot of flyers printed on 11 x 17 paper then fold and manually staple to make 8-1/2 x 11 flyers. We do up to 40 page flyers.

So, will the C6502 with the SR4090 be a good option for us? Is there anything I need to know about the C6502 that could be a deal killer?

Any advice on this machine would be helpful. I skipped on a C6501 last years because of all the "toner belching monster" comments, but have not seen
    many comments about the newer machine.

Thank you!

Technician

Re: Ricoh MP C6502

One more question: What type of power plug / requirements does the machine have? Thanks!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C6502

MP C6502 does make good color prints. You might want to see if you can pick up a SR 4100 booklet finisher as it will center staple and fold the booklets.

I would keep a spare waste toner bottle on hand at the machine. This model has a history of excessive toner consumption and lowered waste toner bottle life. Obviously higher coverage is one cause, more toner onto the drum = more waste toner. Target ratio is 6 to 7%. This model uses toner refresh control which at intervals during process control actually applies toner to the drums and removes it in order to keep the toner in the developer fresh. Coverage below 6% and pages per job below 10 will cause more toner refresh.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C6502

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    One more question: What type of power plug / requirements does the machine have? Thanks!
    Since you do not show where you are from in your profile, I will use the US configured models. The MP C6502 is 125V 20A and requires a NEMA 5-20 outlet. The MP C7502 is 208 to 240V 12A and requires a NEMA 6-20 outlet.

Technician

Thank you for the info!

Bummed about the finisher. I really need one that will staple booklets!

@Slimbob: I "manually" empty the waste toner bottle on our C820dn... can that be done with the c6502? I found a couple vids on this machine and that waste toner bottle look enourmous!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C6502

Thank you for the info!

@Slimbob: I "manually" empty the waste toner bottle on our C820dn... can that be done with the c6502? I found a couple vids on this machine and that waste toner bottle look enourmous!
    It can be done. It still is best to have a spare on hand. The cap is reverse thread and is sometimes hard to remove. We swap them out then take the full bottle outside to empty it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Thank you for the info!

Yes. You can empty the WTB. Remember. It holds a large quantity when filled and emptying it in a neat, clean manner may be a chore while in the customer's office. I would at the least replace the full one, and empty/clean it offsite, then reuse it as needed.
    Last edited by DRichard; 03-02-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: additional info

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C6502

These machines have proven to be very reliable. The value of the machine could vary quite a bit depending on when the last full PM was done, and how thorough that PM was. A full PM on this machine will cost quite a bit.