Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP C4503 SC569

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP C4503 SC569

I've got a C4503 that's had SC569 I replaced the fuser drive motor (AX060441) worked for about 6 months, came back this week so I replaced the fuser assembly and paper exit assembly (D1484401) yesterday problem came today is that the exit/depressurization assembly? if not anyone have a part number or an idea on how to fix this problem?

Oilblob

Re: MP C4503 SC569

Quote Originally Posted by wyo19 View Post
    I've got a C4503 that's had SC569 I replaced the fuser drive motor (AX060441) worked for about 6 months, came back this week so I replaced the fuser assembly and paper exit assembly (D1484401) yesterday problem came today is that the exit/depressurization assembly? if not anyone have a part number or an idea on how to fix this problem?
    had the same issue and I had to change that motor assembly
    there is a shaft that gets stiff and there are several one way bearings in there as well turns one way to drive exit turns the other way to depressurize part # D1751357 Have fun with this

Quote Originally Posted by Oilblob View Post
    there is a shaft that gets stiff and there are several one way bearings in there as well turns one way to drive exit turns the other way to depressurize part # D1751357 Have fun with this
    I have also heard there is a torq limiter that can cause the drive to become slow or bind. D149 1379. Might be a useful one to know. Easy to replace, just remove a couple of fans to gain access.

Replace Exit/Pressure Release Motor

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C4503 SC569

Quote Originally Posted by Oilblob View Post
    Replacing this assembly fixed my SC569 on a MPC3503. Not a horrible job but you want some space. Remove all back covers, take picture of connectors on BICU (lots to re route) and remove all connectors so you can remove the entire controller box. Remove fans by side door and unhook all the wire harness and the drive will slip out. The one way bearing was slipping on the shaft shown in the attached picture. I was able to turn that gear and occasionally make it slip. That one way free wheels alot as the exit motor drives the exit rollers in one direction and the pressure release in the other. It probably could of been cleaned but this machine was out of town so not taking any chances and i was not sure what i was getting into.
    IMG_20190516_120048.jpg
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C4503 SC569

X2 what Lawrence said. Had a 3003 with 1.2 mil and got sc569, replaced the whole unit. Easy peasy.

Technician
    MP C4503 SC569

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Replacing this assembly fixed my SC569 on a MPC3503. Not a horrible job but you want some space. Remove all back covers, take picture of connectors on BICU (lots to re route) and remove all connectors so you can remove the entire controller box. Remove fans by side door and unhook all the wire harness and the drive will slip out. The one way bearing was slipping on the shaft shown in the attached picture. I was able to turn that gear and occasionally make it slip. That one way free wheels alot as the exit motor drives the exit rollers in one direction and the pressure release in the other. It probably could of been cleaned but this machine was out of town so not taking any chances and i was not sure what i was getting into.
    IMG_20190516_120048.jpg
    In a pinch you can remove the gear and scar the shaft so the bearing has something to grab on too...i used a box cutter blade. BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT YOURSELF AND OF COURSE THIS IS A TEMPORARY FIX.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    X2 what Lawrence said. Had a 3003 with 1.2 mil and got sc569, replaced the whole unit. Easy peasy.
    X3 I have had to do it twice on a couple of high mileage units. It is a beast to get to but doable. Lots of covers, a couple of fans and swing the board assembly out to get out of the way. Make sure you watch the ribbon cables and pay close attention to every connection as you take apart.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    X3 I have had to do it twice on a couple of high mileage units. It is a beast to get to but doable. Lots of covers, a couple of fans and swing the board assembly out to get out of the way. Make sure you watch the ribbon cables and pay close attention to every connection as you take apart.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    I agree, crazy task, I went to the car for crying and back
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C4503 SC569

Quote Originally Posted by M0scb View Post
    I have also heard there is a torq limiter that can cause the drive to become slow or bind. D149 1379. Might be a useful one to know. Easy to replace, just remove a couple of fans to gain access.

I agree with this, for a quick & simple fix spray some WD40 on this one way clutch, you can open the right hand door to access this on the rear of the machine to the right of the fuser.

If this resolves the issue replace it.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk