Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP5002, SC672-00 intermiately

I am facing an issue with SC672-00 on MP5002.
    It will happen during middle of copy/print job, machine stop and reboot, then SC672-00 show up, paper remained jam before registration roller, all other area clear. Power cycle machine, everything ready to operate, but it will stop after about 5 or 6 copies, reboot, SC672-00, paper remained before registration roller.
    I did format hdd, remove finisher, remove hdd, reseat all memory, double check op panel connectors seating firmly.
    I also check inverter motor harness routing, seem to be ok according to Goose's Guide.
    I am running out of item to check.
    Please help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP5002, SC672-00 intermiately

There is a loss of communication between the controller and the operation panel. Common cause is the USB cable going to the operation panel not fully seated and vibration causes a loss of connection.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Could be a number of things to be honest, it's a case of trouble shooting really.
    Plus you say it's intermittent, only during a copy/print run.

• I would start with checking the power socket with Martindale tester and checking the earthing continuity of the machine. (poor earthing during operation can cause lots of weird faults).
    • If that checks out ok then I would re-seat the controller PCB and all the connectors and memory DIMMs and do the same with the ops panel (it could possibly be a faulty memory DIMM).
    • Then reflash all the firmware.

After that you would be looking swapping parts around / out etc.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I've run into some different fixes for this code on several different models. Just some things to check/ solutions I've had;

Swap IPU board - Savin 9033
    Replace Op Panel - Several models
    Replace controller - MP 4002
    Replace HDD - Several models

But one, that had me stumped for a week or better, turned out to be the simplest - It was on a Savin 9228 and after replacing nearly everything, turned out to be that the small MBU board on fax unit was not seated fully.

Again, just some things to check.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtrinh View Post
    I am facing an issue with SC672-00 on MP5002.
    It will happen during middle of copy/print job, machine stop and reboot, then SC672-00 show up, paper remained jam before registration roller, all other area clear. Power cycle machine, everything ready to operate, but it will stop after about 5 or 6 copies, reboot, SC672-00, paper remained before registration roller.
    I did format hdd, remove finisher, remove hdd, reseat all memory, double check op panel connectors seating firmly.
    I also check inverter motor harness routing, seem to be ok according to Goose's Guide.
    I am running out of item to check.
    Please help.
    someone wrote before to check the fuse

danson

Quote Originally Posted by mdtrinh View Post
    Tôi đang gặp sự cố với SC672-00 trên MP5002.
    Nó sẽ xảy ra trong khi đang thực hiện lệnh sao chép/in, máy dừng và khởi động lại, sau đó SC672-00 xuất hiện, giấy vẫn bị kẹt trước trục lăn đăng ký, tất cả các khu vực khác đều trống. Máy quay vòng nguồn, mọi thứ đã sẵn sàng để hoạt động, nhưng nó sẽ dừng sau khoảng 5 hoặc 6 bản, khởi động lại, SC672-00, giấy vẫn còn trước con lăn đăng ký.
    Tôi đã định dạng hdd, xóa bộ hoàn thiện, xóa hdd, gắn lại tất cả bộ nhớ, kiểm tra kỹ các đầu nối của bảng điều khiển.
    Tôi cũng kiểm tra việc định tuyến bộ dây động cơ biến tần, có vẻ ổn theo Hướng dẫn của Goose.
    Tôi sắp hết sản phẩm để kiểm tra.
    Xin hãy giúp đỡ.
    đọc tiếng Việt về lỗi SC672 nè : Lỗi SC 672 May Photocopy Ricoh La Gi ? Cong Ty Lam Sơn Anh