Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Not able to print to Ricoh MP 3352...Could last week, but not as of this morning!

Re: Not able to print to Ricoh MP 3352...Could last week, but not as of this morning!

Is it possible something else on the network has been given the same IP address as the printer?

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: Not able to print to Ricoh MP 3352...Could last week, but not as of this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    I am assuming that if I can open the WIM from a remote computer...ping isn't the issue. Am I wrong to think this?

Jeff
    You are correct. If you can get to the web image monitor from the customers PC then it's on their network.

The next logical step is to take a look at the port settings in the print driver properties and make sure it's configured correctly.
    Plus other things like check DIPRINT is enabled, check windows has not auto configured a WSD driver etc...

There are lots of things it could be, but it's probably something easy/stupid if it was working a week ago.

If they had Teamviewer installed I'd offer to remote in and take a look for you Jeff.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Not able to print to Ricoh MP 3352...Could last week, but not as of this morning!

Headed out to the customer now...We'll see what happens next.

Thanks
    Jeff

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I am assuming that if I can open the WIM from a remote computer...ping isn't the issue. Am I wrong to think this?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    If you can't ping the printer it's not on there network. Basic stuff
    Foo is the one who is correct on this. If there is another device on the network with the same IP Address you might get a response to ping from that device. You will not be able to access WIM unless it is another MFP, but another MFP will not have the same Serial Number.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You should also clear the print que on every computer on the network. If there is a server, have IT stop and start the print spooler to clear all the computer print ques.

Good luck!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Jeff
    sounds like their IT dept did a OS upgrade .... that always messes with printers/scanners,

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    Is it possible something else on the network has been given the same IP address as the printer?

Easy to tell ping the printer with cable unplugged it you get a reply something else has the same ip address

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok... The print driver on the server had updated to version 4.14. Bumped it back to 4.13 and everything is working.

I'll update if anything changes.

Jeff