Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

MP2510 server 16

customer just upgraded server to server 16 (?), i dont see any custom firmware to even do 12. i am assuming (i know i know) will this scan to server 16?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP2510 server 16

Re: MP2510 server 16

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    customer just upgraded server to server 16 (?), i dont see any custom firmware to even do 12. i am assuming (i know i know) will this scan to server 16?
    It'll only scan via FTP or email with either of those systems (or Win 8/10 for that matter), to the best of my knowledge

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2510 server 16

The full and complete name is Windows Server 2016. Other than a few minor tweaks it is the same as Windows Server 2012 R2 (Release 2). Windows Server 2016 R2 is also called Windows Server 10. If you are looking for print drivers, everything from XP on uses the same PCL 6 printer driver so just down Windows 7 drivers. If you are looking for a TWAIN driver, Ricoh does not make a 64 bit driver. The 32 bit TWAIN driver will work but must be used with 32 bit software.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

There's custom firmware for scanning to server 2012 which should also work for server 2016.

Ricoh

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This machine will not be updated to work with any modern software by Ricoh. It is just to old. I do not believe this machine is even capable of SSL ports for email, which severely limits the email capability. It will only do SMB V1. FTP should still work. Or scan to the HDD and download the file through the web interface.

Best thing is to put this old machine out to pasture. Other than it's above mentioned limitations it should be fine.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2510 server 16

Quote Originally Posted by mikedci View Post
    There's custom firmware for scanning to server 2012 which should also work for server 2016.

Ricoh
    Following Microsoft security update from a couple of years ago, you may have to have IT turn on support for SMB v1. There are a number of thread on how to do so. There are also a number of network setting the have to be correct on the 2510.

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    This machine will not be updated to work with any modern software by Ricoh. It is just to old.
    Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    I do not believe this machine is even capable of SSL ports for email, which severely limits the email capability. It will only do SMB V1.
    There are a number of SMTP server that still accept non SSL port 25 with restrictions.