Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3003 Fault light SC 866

Thursday a junior tech went out on a service call for CQ on an MP C3003. While there he decided to update firmware. After doing so and rebooting the Fault light was on. Pressing the fault button showed a System fault. Click on the system it showed SC 866. The bottom line notification showed Call service - Module authentication error - opt30.mod. The C3003 would copy, send and receive faxes and scan but would not print. Job light would start flashing but no printout and no job information on the Job list. After a minute or so, the job light would stop flashing and an entry would appear in the error log indicating Job reset. Details showed 91 error.

FYI, I checked to make sure that user authentication was off. Also with user authentication, the job light will only flashing a couple of times and no error log is entered.

Print from memory device did work, but the customer uses a software that does not allow print to file or the use of a print to PDF driver.

I am thinking the control board. They are going to take a loaner Monday morning and bring the C3003 in to working on in the shop.

Anyone know what opt30.mod or 91 error is?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

Re: MP C3003 Fault light SC 866

Sounds like he loaded incorrect firmware, I believe if you print out SP 5990-5 diagnostic you can what that is and I believe you will need to replace the controller board.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjvincent View Post
    Sounds like he loaded incorrect firmware, I believe if you print out SP 5990-5 diagnostic you can what that is and I believe you will need to replace the controller board.
    Already checked. The only thing that was not current was the finisher.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob
    While there he decided to update firmware.
    This is probably the issue:

MPC 3003 weird printing problems

Why Ricoh decided to change the DIPRINT timeout to be so short is beyond me.

Error 91 can also relate to the memory usage (allocation) setting in printer features.
    I use to get service calls for that print error a lot on older models, and switching from frame to font priority normally fixed it.

Module authentication error - opt30.mod.
    Not sure about that one, first thought would be firmware corruption (maybe try a reflash using freshly extracted .fwu files).
    But it may also just be a knock on symptom caused by the print error above.

I guess if you power up with the network cable unplugged you will get the answer to that question.
    (In similar fashion to how a incoming print job use to trigger SC899 on power up).
    Last edited by Cipher; 03-18-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Have you tried reloading PCL firmware? If reloading does not work, I think the controller is toast.

FYI.....reloading firmware on an 03 to recover from incorrect firmware doesn't appear to work (we had a trainee brick a machine a couple of weeks ago).
    We tried reflashing,a new controller and in the end we had to fit the new controller and nvram modules to fix it.
    This was with the first gen SOP.
    If you try the controller just have a couple of nvram handy as well....good luck Slim.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Thursday a junior tech went out on a service call for CQ on an MP C3003. While there he decided to update firmware. After doing so and rebooting the Fault light was on. Pressing the fault button showed a System fault. Click on the system it showed SC 866. The bottom line notification showed Call service - Module authentication error - opt30.mod. The C3003 would copy, send and receive faxes and scan but would not print. Job light would start flashing but no printout and no job information on the Job list. After a minute or so, the job light would stop flashing and an entry would appear in the error log indicating Job reset. Details showed 91 error.

FYI, I checked to make sure that user authentication was off. Also with user authentication, the job light will only flashing a couple of times and no error log is entered.

Print from memory device did work, but the customer uses a software that does not allow print to file or the use of a print to PDF driver.

I am thinking the control board. They are going to take a loaner Monday morning and bring the C3003 in to working on in the shop.

Anyone know what opt30.mod or 91 error is?
    From another thread.

MP C305SPF Error authentication module opt30.mod

Quote Originally Posted by bpvinson View Post
    I've had many machines with similar errors... opt10.mod or opt30.mod. If you print out a config page you'll see the printing language is missing. opt10.mod refers to PDF printing language and opt30.mod refers to PCL printing language. The one and only solution to get rid of this error was replacing the controller board on the machine. It's caused from the firmware update. Either the firmware itself was corrupt, or it was installed at the same time as the System Copy and Engine firmwares. I've had to make it a practice of updating the System Copy first by itself, then the Engine by itself, then the rest as a group. Haven't had the error since. Let me know if this helps.