Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Non blue Ricoh color models

What are good color copiers in the 35 per minute range that a non Ricoh guy with 40 plus years experience can handle without too many headaches? My comment on the non blue is in reference to the older style copiers. I looked up drums and developer and do the drums really go 270K and developer 600K?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Non blue Ricoh color models

Since you did not specify a model, I can only generalize. Developer generally speaking can go roughly double the drums, or more. If you are a quality tech, all you need to work on Ricoh is a source for service manuals, parts and firmware. Start helping others which should earn you rep power and green cards instead of red and the well established techs will be more willing to help with manuals and firmware.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I never even noticed I had a red. How does the rating work? If it's from another forum member then I know who it probably was. I made a comment about the guy peddling his manuals, he seemed to be in every post trying to push his manuals instead of giving information that was ask for. He says he bought the manuals but if they are copyrighted you cannot reproduce them for money.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I never even noticed I had a red. How does the rating work? If it's from another forum member then I know who it probably was. I made a comment about the guy peddling his manuals, he seemed to be in every post trying to push his manuals instead of giving information that was ask for. He says he bought the manuals but if they are copyrighted you cannot reproduce them for money.
    Have you not been on for a while? The only person I know who used to post manual ads was Just Manuals. He was an advertiser and paid a good portion of the support for this site. The owner died a few years ago.

Since you posted earlier, you have gone from having a red card to a green card. Either some one gave you a positive reputation comment or The red card was old and has expired. thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for the info. One of the models I was interested in was MPC3503.

Thanks for the info. One of the models I was interested in was MPC3503.
    03 ITB assemblies are flimsy...had quite a few broken in transit.
    Fusing sleeves rarely make the distance.
    The black pcdu tends to dump once it makes it's rated life but other than that they're not a bad box.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    03 ITB assemblies are flimsy...had quite a few broken in transit.
    Fusing sleeves rarely make the distance.
    The black pcdu tends to dump once it makes it's rated life but other than that they're not a bad box.
    How hard is it to replace the fuser sleeve?

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Honestly not too hard as long as you take your time and are delicate. Though having the manual the first couple times does help. Genuine Ricoh comes as the sleeve and heating system as an assembly that screws onto the main fusing frame. Though you can buy just the sleeve itself from a bunch of direct from china suppliers. Having said that it would likely be difficult and quality is any ones guess.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Honestly not too hard as long as you take your time and are delicate. Though having the manual the first couple times does help. Genuine Ricoh comes as the sleeve and heating system as an assembly that screws onto the main fusing frame. Though you can buy just the sleeve itself from a bunch of direct from china suppliers. Having said that it would likely be difficult and quality is any ones guess.
    Just order the correct one for your regional voltage. I had a junior tech order the wrong once. When it came in, I was the one given it to replace. It coded on power up. I had to swap the heating system from the old one. Not an easy job to do.

Technician

I'm a Ricoh tech on the Mojave desert. Had a lot of MPc3503 machines. Can't remember having any unusual problems with them. In the early models Fuser Sleeves did not go the distance. But they seemed to have improved greatly with later models.

Slimslob, it looks like we are neighbors!