Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MP7502- HDD problem?

(weird with the word print in the other post people can't reply)

We got in a couple of MP7502s that had the HDDs taken out.

we put a 320GB HDD in 1 and it printed fine after changing the admin passwords. (they were at some government office).

It is supposed to have a 250GB- so I had ordered a couple of those from ebay and 2 from a place that sells HDDs out in CA that I had some luck with in the past on
    older Savin 4051/4060 copiers. Put in 1 250GB HDD and it had some HDD codes so put in another and the machine got ready ok. I put in a IP address and can
    go to the WIM but it is not showing up when I try to add printers on my PC with Windows 8.1

The SPs for the NIC and USB are set to on. I thought I turned off of all the Admin authentications. Maybe these 250GBs aren't big enough or something? I suppose it could
    be the HDDs are sketchy.

Re: MP7502- HDD problem?

Sandmanmac wrote:

I just thought I'd let you know that ever since I've been a member, the site has had a
    quirk where thread titles that end with the word "Print" are only been able to viewed in "printable view" on the site, so we can only view it, but not reply. You'll need to repost with a different title.

There are multiple reasons for the issue with your machine.

I've run across a few machines like this recently, that I assume are locked down for security reasons. I can't point to the exact setting(s) that caused it, but I'd suggest starting with a memory clear on basically everything - except ENGINE of course.
    If access range is set in network settings on the machine, it will disable the WIM, and printing. You'll have to telnet in to flush it as far a s I know.
    Basic Printing is not reliant on the presence of an HDD. I doubt that has anything to do your issues.
    Other members will have all sorts of suggestions.

Cheers!

---Thanks! I'll check that out.

Unable to reply to your post directly due to it being a printable version only.

It sounds like you need to formatt the HDD to the devices via SPmode.

Regards

Batman1976

- yeah I tried that on 1 of the machines after it did its own re-format when it first got turned on.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

"I put in a IP address and can go to the WIM but it is not showing up when I try to add printers on my PC with Windows 8.1"

you're not letting windows set it up with a wsd port and the ricoh class driver are you?
    can you manually create a tcp/ip port with the 7502's ip and install the driver?

other things id check...
    since you can access the wim id check the network security tab and make sure nothing is turned off that would prohibit printing. also check the snmp settings in case someone changed from the default community names from public.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP7502- HDD problem?

When you send a print job, does the data light flash briefly then go off with nothing being printed and no entry in the printer error log? If so, User Authentication is on for printing. Also check Access control. If access control is setup and the computer's IP address is not with the allowed range, you will not be able to print to it. One other thing, do not let Windows automatic configure you printers. When you start Add Printers, immediately click The printer I want isn't listed then select Add a local or network printer with manual settings.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    When you send a print job, does the data light flash briefly then go off with nothing being printed and no entry in the printer error log? If so, User Authentication is on for printing. Also check Access control. If access control is setup and the computer's IP address is not with the allowed range, you will not be able to print to it. One other thing, do not let Windows automatic configure you printers. When you start Add Printers, immediately click The printer I want isn't listed then select Add a local or network printer with manual settings.

The Windows configure your printer bit- is that so it doesn't have a Universal PCL driver or that Class driver?

- IEEE 802.1X Authentication!!! I did quite a few Memory Clears, not Engine, as far as I could tell they didn't change anything with the printing. I usually try to remember to do those with used machines we get for the printing, scanning, fax, and network. Anyway...We did have 1 that printed so I checked the settings of that 1 in the User Tools vs this other one. In the Interface Settings there was a setting called IEEE 802.1X Authentication. The machine that didn't print was set to ACTIVE and the other one wasn't. I changed that and a Windows test page I sent to it at 1 time spit out. Printed some other stuff to it -web page, PDFs.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP7502- HDD problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyW View Post
    - IEEE 802.1X Authentication!!! In the Interface Settings there was a setting called IEEE 802.1X Authentication. The machine that didn't print was set to ACTIVE and the other one wasn't. I changed that and a Windows test page I sent to it at 1 time spit out. Printed some other stuff to it -web page, PDFs.
    Generally speaking the should only be set ACTIVE when you are on a very high security domain where the printer needs to authentic with the domain or when the Ricoh WIFI interface is install where it is used to send the connection authentication. If it is ACTIVE and the other settings required for a very high security domain are not set, the CAT 5 connection is disabled.