Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Ricoh mp C406z error to replace all toners, but after same thing

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    your right. my wife heard me on the phone defending myself when i had never seen or met the man before. she couldn't believe that i didn't tell him take a hike and took the call.
    but i have learned that not only do i need the money, and even though i have turned this type down many times in the past, i still remember the few that i was so close to firing due to their rude temperment, but several, years later they turned out to actually be the best customers you could have. i don't know what it is, but i doubt this particular person will fit that bill.

its sad that people have to start every transaction with how much they own, how many properties they have, on and on. they are obviously very lonely people and think the money gives them the right to treat people poorly, while expecting to be treated nicely...
    Can't help but wonder what they will say once they arrive at the perly gates one day.....?
    Press the GREEN button!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Can't help but wonder what they will say once they arrive at the perly gates one day.....?
    they'll say, "I'm not like those other guys, no, i owned all this and this. and i can see so and so's house from mine".

nothing on their own merits as a great person, just what they got screwing others in the process.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp C406z error to replace all toners, but after same thing

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi Guys, as you suggested, i removed the 4 toners. a lot of spilling in there. i used the mirror to inspect the contacts. they all looked good. i cleaned the toner CRUM chip contacts and ran them all back in and it reset. i vacuumed out the spilled toner, and there was more spilling as it appears that the toner shutter and the retract claws, isn't a very solid design. so i vacuumed the toner cavity's out again and ran copies. i informed the customer that i wont be surprised if it does it when they change toner again, and they may want to call me to do it.( yea right).

the labels did look OEM, but i didn't see the boxes they came in.

he also informed me that "That's a $20,000 dollar rug the toner spilled on!" looked like a Home Depot area rug to me.?

thank you all so much for the fast and expert advice on this machine. I really appreciate it.
    Have a very nice evening, Jim

I made the mistake of not putting down a "diaper" (Puppy training pads work great) before working on a machine once, and it puked toner all over their carpet. My tech vac picked up 99% of the spill, but the customer was LIVID about their carpet...and I wound up having to pay for a cleaning service to come in for a spot cleaning. Lesson learned....

...and now anytime I'm NEAR something that could spill toner, I have the diaper down before I ever open the cover!!