Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 430/440 dn disable calibration.

Hi,
    Is there any way to disable the auto calibration in Ricoh aficio sp c430/440dn?
    By auto calibration I mean the calibration that the printer does by its own from time to time....and when it does that the colors are changed and I have to do a new color profile.
    Thank you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 430/440 dn disable calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by kotsitos View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any way to disable the auto calibration in Ricoh aficio sp c430/440dn?
    By auto calibration I mean the calibration that the printer does by its own from time to time....and when it does that the colors are changed and I have to do a new color profile.
    Thank you.
    Calibration is part of process control. If the colour changes after process control these is something else wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Calibration is part of process control. If the colour changes after process control these is something else wrong.

Thank you for your quick response.
    The calibration changes the density of the toner in the cpu so the hue of colors are changed. I use a color profile in order to print and have great prints, but after the calibration I have to make a new profile. What about process control? can I change it?can I interfere?
    What do you mean "something else is wrong"?..what?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kotsitos View Post
    Thank you for your quick response.
    The calibration changes the density of the toner in the cpu so the hue of colors are changed. I use a color profile in order to print and have great prints, but after the calibration I have to make a new profile. What about process control? can I change it?can I interfere?
    What do you mean "something else is wrong"?..what?
    Thank you.
    Process control is a set of tests the device does to keep copy quality and registration constant.

Like I said. If the colours change from one process control to the next something must be wrong.

Also Ricoh colour devices are business colour devices and not pantone certified so colour variances do occur. Even should you put 2 brand new same model devices side by side and set them up exactly the same there will be variances.

Press the GREEN button!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Process control is a set of tests the device does to keep copy quality and registration constant.

Like I said. If the colours change from one process control to the next something must be wrong.

Also Ricoh colour devices are business colour devices and not pantone certified so colour variances do occur. Even should you put 2 brand new same model devices side by side and set them up exactly the same there will be variances.

As far as something else being wrong. An aging Drum, old dev or worn image transfer belt could affect density.

Press the GREEN button!!