Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MP C4502 Postscript

I have tried two different postscript3 type c5502 sd chips in my 4502 and it keeps giving me the 866 error telling me module authentication has failed...

why can't i put my postscript chip in??

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C4502 Postscript

Re: MP C4502 Postscript

What type of PostScript card are you using? Mxx
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Are you sure they are NEW PS cards, and not removed from another machine?

Sounds like they were previously used and not properly un-installed.

PostScript cards are totally re-usable, but worthless if not properly removed from their prior home.

That is why buying used ones is such a gamble. That's pretty much normal in those cases.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    What type of PostScript card are you using? Mxx
    He mentioned it in his post.

I looked in the Product Support Guide for the C4502, and it's the right one:

PostScript3 Unit Type C5502 D645-11 415998
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C4502 Postscript

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    He mentioned it in his post.

I looked in the Product Support Guide for the C4502, and it's the right one:

PostScript3 Unit Type C5502 D645-11 415998
    So he did, I need glasses!

As sugested try a new boxed sealed PS card.
    Last edited by copier tech; 03-28-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C4502 Postscript

Do you have two Postscript cards in the sane machine at the same time? If so, that is the cause of the error and you may have destroyed both. Do an internet search for the product type as posted by KenB. Check with whomever you order from that they will replace if it does not work.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I have tried two different postscript3 type c5502 sd chips in my 4502 and it keeps giving me the 866 error telling me module authentication has failed...

why can't i put my postscript chip in??
    Haven't tried this recently, but I would try this as a last resort...Put your "bad" PS card in your computer and try to open its files. If you see three modules labeled "GPS, gwinit.d and module" open "gwinit.d" and delete the "zoffyx" files then do the same for "module". After deleting those datacrypto files try putting the SD card back into your copier and see if it recognizes your PS option. This has worked for me in the past but it's been a few years ago. This procedure may no longer apply, but what have you got to lose? Good luck!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Haven't tried this recently, but I would try this as a last resort...Put your "bad" PS card in your computer and try to open its files. If you see three modules labeled "GPS, gwinit.d and module" open "gwinit.d" and delete the "zoffyx" files then do the same for "module". After deleting those datacrypto files try putting the SD card back into your copier and see if it recognizes your PS option. This has worked for me in the past but it's been a few years ago. This procedure may no longer apply, but what have you got to lose? Good luck!
    if you want to swap a PS3 card that was installed already just remove the zoffyx files that are in the module folder
    and the gwint folder"usually 3 files in each folder".

I have had to delete the the "zoffyx" files on the ps3 card on other models when using a "used ps3 card".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hey guys...i know its been a little while but just had one follow question.

I bought 2 postscript chips that were used for pretty cheap...so no they were not brand new ones out of the packaging (which i'm guessing will probably solve my issues)

Anyways when i put them in the machine it didn't throw the error code but it also wont show adobe postscript3 installed on the 4502 when i print out the config sheet. I made sure that bonjour was enabled. The weird thing though is it does now allow me to print through my iphone now, which i thought would also then allow a mac to print to it.

The customer is ok for now, just printing in b&w from their mac, but was just wanting ask again if there was maybe something im not enabling that is making it not work or if i need to stop being cheap and buy a brand new chip

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Hey guys...i know its been a little while but just had one follow question.

I bought 2 postscript chips that were used for pretty cheap...so no they were not brand new ones out of the packaging (which i'm guessing will probably solve my issues)

Anyways when i put them in the machine it didn't throw the error code but it also wont show adobe postscript3 installed on the 4502 when i print out the config sheet. I made sure that bonjour was enabled. The weird thing though is it does now allow me to print through my iphone now, which i thought would also then allow a mac to print to it.

The customer is ok for now, just printing in b&w from their mac, but was just wanting ask again if there was maybe something im not enabling that is making it not work or if i need to stop being cheap and buy a brand new chip

Thanks!
    did you install the card in a laptop and check all 3 folder for zoffy files?
    if so you have 2 cards so if you see zoffy files you can delete them as they
    only appear after card is installed..