Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

No Display MP C3002

Guys, if the IPU is defective, will it damage the polygon motor? Is there a chance to repair the IPU and make it work again? What particular component of the IPU is to be repaired if possible?

Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    No Display MP C3002

Re: No Display MP C3002

Polygon motors have been known the board that drives them. When that happens you will get a blank screen. To correct you have to replace both at the same time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

Can you access the machine through the web manager?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Polygon motors have been known the board that drives them. When that happens you will get a blank screen. To correct you have to replace both at the same time.
    The original problem of the machine is SC 220-01. I made a request for a polygon motor in our office but the box that contains the polygon motor is not sealed. I did not bother myself to ask our store guy why it is open because I will just use it for testing only. So I went to client and I replaced the polygon motor. I was shock that the machine shows no display after replacing the polygon motor. I know that the IPU is damaged. I am thinking that the polygon motor given to me is defective that it damaged the IPU resulting to no display problem. The question now is, is IPU repairable?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    No Display MP C3002

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    The original problem of the machine is SC 220-01. I made a request for a polygon motor in our office but the box that contains the polygon motor is not sealed. I did not bother myself to ask our store guy why it is open because I will just use it for testing only. So I went to client and I replaced the polygon motor. I was shock that the machine shows no display after replacing the polygon motor. I know that the IPU is damaged. I am thinking that the polygon motor given to me is defective that it damaged the IPU resulting to no display problem. The question now is, is IPU repairable?
    There was a tread where someone had posted a board level repair but I don't think it was the IPU. You can try searching blank screen and blank display problems with Ricoh.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    There was a tread where someone had posted a board level repair but I don't think it was the IPU. You can try searching blank screen and blank display problems with Ricoh.
    MPC2800/3300 display dead mc tries to start (SC202) - SOLVED!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    No Display MP C3002

Post 13 in the thread has the picture. Original poster was polarbear. If you need any more information, you might PM him.

As I traced the connector of the polygon motor, it is routed to the IPU (D1425150). Connectors of the LD (laser diode) boards are routed to IOB (D1445120). BCU is located to the lower part of the IPU, See attached photo. Is it IPU defective or BCU is damaged caused by the shorted polygon motor?Capture.JPG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

ive done it on a mpc2800 "still running 2 years later" and took the "tiny" tiny part off a bad board.
    it isnt a walk in the park..you will need something to enlarge working area as
    it is very small and a fine tip solder iron.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    ive done it on a mpc2800 "still running 2 years later" and took the "tiny" tiny part off a bad board.
    it isnt a walk in the park..you will need something to enlarge working area as
    it is very small and a fine tip solder iron.
    i thought it was the bcu board