Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

MPc4503 color off

I have a customer using both Windows and Mac. Windows has plenty of adjustments in there driver but very few in the Mac to adjust the color output. Is there a better driver for the Mac besides PS that I can use to adjust the color. Complaining the color not like what they see on the screen.lol

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

Re: MPc4503 color off

And/or can I just adjust something like gamma settings to get colors to the tint this guy wants?Nobody else cares about the color except this one person.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    I have a customer using both Windows and Mac. Windows has plenty of adjustments in there driver but very few in the Mac to adjust the color output. Is there a better driver for the Mac besides PS that I can use to adjust the color. Complaining the color not like what they see on the screen.lol
    Surly you have gone thru RGB/CMYK training for color machines? you will NOT get exact color match between output and screen unless using a calibrated Fiery.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

You may need to down load the the Pantone Color Palette files for the MAC OS X driver files

PANTONE Color Palette

This package includes files used to reproduce specific colors using Pantone color management. These files include color palettes, color charts, calibrated look-up tables, a text-file describing the CMYK values of each color, information about settings and a manual.

The PANTONE® color palette files are developed to generate the closest possible simulation of each color by this printer. By importing these color palette files to the specified desktop publishing application software, you can generate the optional reproduction of PANTONE® colors with this printer.

I would advise that you be familiar with the use of PANTONE color palettes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

And/or can I just adjust something like gamma settings to get colors to the tint this guy wants?Nobody else cares about the color except this one person.
    We have faffed about with changing the internal gammas in the machine side of things before, don't do it. It's too easy to blow out other colours, and suddenly you have other users at the client site that realise that they do in fact care about the colour, because suddenly it's wrong.

If your user cares about colour reproduction they need to be trained in how to get the mfd to do what they want, not how to get the tech in twice a week because the 'yellow isn't quite right'

If I sound bitter, it's because I am

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post
    We have faffed about with changing the internal gammas in the machine side of things before, don't do it. It's too easy to blow out other colours, and suddenly you have other users at the client site that realise that they do in fact care about the colour, because suddenly it's wrong.

If your user cares about colour reproduction they need to be trained in how to get the mfd to do what they want, not how to get the tech in twice a week because the 'yellow isn't quite right'

Many years age we had a tech who went by the name Izzy who was so fond of using the machine gamma settings to correct image quality problems that we started calling the machines izzzified. When you went on a color complaint, the first thing you did was to set everything back to the birth certificate. Many times that got the machine close enough that it gave acceptable quality. After proper servicing (clean optics and clean ID sensor) and use of line position adjustment and color calibration it would be spot on.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Surly you have gone thru RGB/CMYK training for color machines? you will NOT get exact color match between output and screen unless using a calibrated Fiery.
    You must have missed the LOL at the end of the sentence!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPc4503 color off

Quote Originally Posted by SargeNZ View Post

I totally agree!!!! That's why I made it very clear I wasn't going to adjust the machine out of factory spec just for him. We did end up finding a different driver to satisfy his problem. All is well.