Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

Blank pages on a RICOH SP C320DN

Hi there!

Does anyone have blank print outs on a sp c320 or midas/perseus series? Blank, it means no bk or color image on the paper.

I interrupted the color testprint and found no image on the image transfer belt. I also isolated the contact to the coronawire of the aio unit but the result was the same, blank white pages.

Maybe the shutter of the Laser unit i don't know for now how to check. I hope i will find infos from the sm.

Regards, Aktasson

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Blank pages on a RICOH SP C320DN

Very similar print engine to the SP C232/242/252 range.

I vaguely remember changing the high voltage PCB on a couple of those printer models for blank pages / intermittent SC300 many years ago.

Thought there was a RTB, but I don't see one, anyway it's worth checking out.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Blank pages on a RICOH SP C320DN

Re: Blank pages on a RICOH SP C320DN

Quote Originally Posted by aktasson View Post
    Hi there!

Does anyone have blank print outs on a sp c320 or midas/perseus series? Blank, it means no bk or color image on the paper.

I interrupted the color testprint and found no image on the image transfer belt. I also isolated the contact to the coronawire of the aio unit but the result was the same, blank white pages.

Maybe the shutter of the Laser unit i don't know for now how to check. I hope i will find infos from the sm.

Regards, Aktasson
    what about 'half page test' in black only? i would check contacts on belt... slip a new one in if you have it

doubt that ALL the LSU's have stopped working all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what about 'half page test' in black only? i would check contacts on belt... slip a new one in if you have it

doubt that ALL the LSU's have stopped working all at the same time.
    That's the first thing I did. Removed aios, transferbelt unit, waste toner box, transferroller unit and cleaned potential contacts. Slightly curved out the contacts. I have tried first printout service reports test in sp program the smc list and interrupted the print process. No image on transferbelt and aio pcdus to see. As i said i taped the charge contact of the aio unit. Normaly i get a full dot image print here.

Ok, i have the ok and will swap the machine to a sp c430 because the lease contract is after nearly 5 years over in 3 month. The printer had in the past no zero service calls, good machine