Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MP C 3002 (black Toner) Toner not set correctly

Re: MP C 3002 (black Toner) Toner not set correctly

try the Ricoh Greenline firmware. I have seen this on a machine in the US w Greenline firmware loaded

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddy out View Post
    try the Ricoh Greenline firmware. I have seen this on a machine in the US w Greenline firmware loaded
    Eddy,

Are you saying a firmware update may correct the way the 3002 reads the toner ? Which firmware, Engine ?

Both Hytec and Nationwide board repair have not heard of this. Matt at Nationwide believes the NV ram on BCU may correct the programming, so we may use standard toner for the Reman MP C3002.

I'll update with any solution

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
    Eddy,

Are you saying a firmware update may correct the way the 3002 reads the toner ? Which firmware, Engine ?

Both Hytec and Nationwide board repair have not heard of this. Matt at Nationwide believes the NV ram on BCU may correct the programming, so we may use standard toner for the Reman MP C3002.

I'll update with any solution
    Yes, that is what I have seen. If you look on the TSRC site for the firmware on this model you will notice the "Greenline" firmware is there. If the machine you have is a Ricoh remanufactured box, this could very well be the resolution.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddy out View Post
    Yes, that is what I have seen. If you look on the TSRC site for the firmware on this model you will notice the "Greenline" firmware is there. If the machine you have is a Ricoh remanufactured box, this could very well be the resolution.

Thanks Eddy,

Just to be clear, So I update the Recon Ricoh MP C3002 with the standard MP C3002 Firmware to make it accept Standard 841647 Black toner ?

My current problem is the Ricoh Recon MP C3002 will ONLY accept Black 842201 Ricoh C3502p / C5502p toner. I need to convert this box to regular toner. (color toners are all the same standard)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks Eddy,

Just to be clear, So I update the Recon Ricoh MP C3002 with the standard MP C3002 Firmware to make it accept Standard 841647 Black toner ?

My current problem is the Ricoh Recon MP C3002 will ONLY accept Black 842201 Ricoh C3502p / C5502p toner. I need to convert this box to regular toner. (color toners are all the same standard)
    I think you are correct. You should simply get the toner for your box, the firmware will only permit the black toner intended for the reman machines. Sorry for my mistake.
    Last edited by eddy out; 05-01-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Thanks Eddy,

You should simply get the toner for your box,
    AND if you want to rid yourself of the "wrong toners" i will gladly accept it and make a way to use it

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks Eddy,

You can't. For the Greenline Ricohs there is special Engine firmware, and special parts(developer mostly). You *might* get away with changing both the entire PCDU, vacuuming out the entire system, uploading the correct firmware.... and it still might not work. Attached is the Ricoh bulletin:
    Base vs RM.pdf

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricohguy View Post
    You can't. For the Greenline Ricohs there is special Engine firmware, and special parts(developer mostly). You *might* get away with changing both the entire PCDU, vacuuming out the entire system, uploading the correct firmware.... and it still might not work. Attached is the Ricoh bulletin:
    Base vs RM.pdf
    Well I didn't know that.

The USA modified their MP C3002/C3502 Greenline range to take a higher melting point K toner formula.

Interesting, wonder why they decided to do that?
    Fusing performance issues?

Color PxP-EQ Toner | Global | Ricoh
    Last edited by Cipher; 05-04-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother