Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Ricoh Aficio 2035eG Printer Option Connectivity

Have a Ricoh Aficio 2035eG that customer was printing to until their IT tech (who they can't get to come back) upgraded their network. I have recently been trying to resolve the problem. The copier is plugged into it's own wireless router. When I add a printer/copier to the computer, using the required print driver, I can't get the copier to print nor can the copier be pinged.

I then moved the copier to what I believe is the main router and tested it again while connected to it, yet it still won't print. However, I can now ping to it. Why can the copier be pinged yet won't print. Is there a possibility that I am pinging something else with the same IP address, and if so, why does it constantly do the same thing when I have changed the IP several times? One of the last things I did was manually change my IP address on my laptop to match the one on their computer. I then connected a crossover cable from my laptop to the copier, added the copier/printer, and was able to print to the copier.

An additional note is that I also tried syncing a WIFI extender to their existing router to mimic their network settings. I had hoped that any interference between the main router and the secondary router would be eliminated by setting it up in this manner. However, I was unsuccessful in syncing the two.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2035eG Printer Option Connectivity

TCYPY,

Set your Ricoh to DHCP, Auto obtain. Does it pull the Network info? Print your settings / List.
    Now add 60 to the "pulled" IP address. And set to a manual or static address, modifying ONLY the IP (adding 60). Do a ping test to the IP address making sure it is open.
    Or have their IT person give you the proper network settings they prefer.

If your system does NOT pull the network info, you probably do not have a valid connection to their network. Or their network is NOT set up to DHCP, in that case you must get their IT person involved.
    Last edited by StephenB; 05-03-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    Have a Ricoh Aficio 2035eG that customer was printing to until their IT tech (who they can't get to come back) upgraded their network. I have recently been trying to resolve the problem. The copier is plugged into it's own wireless router. When I add a printer/copier to the computer, using the required print driver, I can't get the copier to print nor can the copier be pinged.

I then moved the copier to what I believe is the main router and tested it again while connected to it, yet it still won't print. However, I can now ping to it. Why can the copier be pinged yet won't print. Is there a possibility that I am pinging something else with the same IP address, and if so, why does it constantly do the same thing when I have changed the IP several times? One of the last things I did was manually change my IP address on my laptop to match the one on their computer. I then connected a crossover cable from my laptop to the copier, added the copier/printer, and was able to print to the copier.

An additional note is that I also tried syncing a WIFI extender to their existing router to mimic their network settings. I had hoped that any interference between the main router and the secondary router would be eliminated by setting it up in this manner. However, I was unsuccessful in syncing the two.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
    A couple of possibilities:
    1. The IT most likely changed the SSID and network passkey. You will need those in order to connect WiFi.
    2. The IT may have also changed Domain and/or Workgroup name.
    3. Firewall software such McAfee may be blocking IP printing.

The customer needs to contact the IT tell them they need to send someone out to correct the problem immediately. They may have to be ready to take legal action.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    A couple of possibilities:
    1. The IT most likely changed the SSID and network passkey. You will need those in order to connect WiFi.
    2. The IT may have also changed Domain and/or Workgroup name.
    3. Firewall software such McAfee may be blocking IP printing.

The customer needs to contact the IT tell them they need to send someone out to correct the problem immediately. They may have to be ready to take legal action.
    This might be stupid, but isn't this a pretty old machine that might be suffering from Windows 10? Sounds a little like it should be hooked up to an XP computer based print server. I'm probably wrong, though.
    I only think that as I had to use a Win98 computer as a print server back in the day at home during the XP days to use Win 3.2 printers.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    This might be stupid, but isn't this a pretty old machine that might be suffering from Windows 10? Sounds a little like it should be hooked up to an XP computer based print server. I'm probably wrong, though.
    I only think that as I had to use a Win98 computer as a print server back in the day at home during the XP days to use Win 3.2 printers.
    Before I retired just over a year ago, I had one customer with with a 1035 that my Win 10 laptop could still print to using the Win7 driver.

I then connected a crossover cable from my laptop to the copier, added the copier/printer, and was able to print to the copier.
    Close the call mate...you proved that it's network related and not a machine fault.
    Let the customer I.T take over..!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Added to the above mentioned, check the settings for subnet mask and gateway and workgroup (or domain) be the same in your MFP and the network.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk