Thread: Ricoh 5002 noob

Technician

Ricoh 5002 noob

took a call on a 5002 customer said it was making dirty copies
    well it was a mess then i was told it was just serviced with a new drum and fuser rebuild.
    oh and DV.. toner was leaking out of the drum unit. my first thought it might have been Miss calibrated?
    is that possible?.. i noticed the cleaning on the top looked like it might be leaking or not keeping up with the amount of toner it has to clean.
    again i'm a ricoh noob any thoughts would appreciated.
    the machine hasn't been used in a while. i have the drum/ DV unit in shop.
    there in no huge rush.
    Thank You

Re: Ricoh 5002 noob

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    took a call on a 5002 customer said it was making dirty copies
    well it was a mess then i was told it was just serviced with a new drum and fuser rebuild.
    oh and DV.. toner was leaking out of the drum unit. my first thought it might have been Miss calibrated?
    is that possible?.. i noticed the cleaning on the top looked like it might be leaking or not keeping up with the amount of toner it has to clean.
    again i'm a ricoh noob any thoughts would appreciated.
    the machine hasn't been used in a while. i have the drum/ DV unit in shop.
    there in no huge rush.
    Thank You
    What is the page count on the machine?
    What is the part life of your drum?
    On these machines as the drum ages the charge voltages go up and you'll get backgrounding.
    Also...scrubbing the mag roller with a soft green scourer will remove the wax built up and this improves the background issue as well but generally we swap out the PCDU with the SP8200A printer kit PCDU.
    With a little modification you have a new PCDU for a lot less money.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 5002 noob

Welcome to the MP 500X/MP 400X. Never mind what the counters are. It the development roller (mag roller) is coated with toner, coating will not wipe off with a soft cloth, the developer is contaminated. Dump the developer, clean the development roller (use a copper wire brush if necessary to fully remove the coating) and thoroughly remove all toner from the PCU to include the toner recycler. Replace the developer and toner. Use only Genuine Ricoh or NA Trading developer and toner unless you want the problem to return.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Welcome to the MP 500X/MP 400X. Never mind what the counters are. It the development roller (mag roller) is coated with toner, coating will not wipe off with a soft cloth, the developer is contaminated. Dump the developer, clean the development roller (use a copper wire brush if necessary to fully remove the coating) and thoroughly remove all toner from the PCU to include the toner recycler. Replace the developer and toner. Use only Genuine Ricoh or NA Trading developer and toner unless you want the problem to return.
    The machine has 330K on it. i have never heard of that .. no need to replace any blades? and theirs no coating on the mag roller i have to worry about?
    thank you.