former propeller tester 250+ Posts

mpc 305 question

These have a ITB belt tension adj screw at the front of the machine, My question is should the belt be tensioned during operation or relaxed ?

I assumed it should be tensioned but it restricts the travel of the contact rollers inside the belt. I had a machine that printed better with the belt relaxed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: mpc 305 question

Hi there!
    Good question, but as my knowledge is you need this screw only when removing the itb. The rollers go up automaticly when printing.
    Greetings...

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Good question, but as my knowledge is you need this screw only when removing the itb. The rollers go up automaticly when printing.
    Greetings...
    the s/m says to relax the screw when removing the PCDUs (so the belt don't get damaged), but that allows the belt to touch the drums

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

The tensioning system is there to move the belt away or in contact with the colour drums. The black is always in contact. Theory is that the machine will (all colour ricoh mfps do this) determine if a job contains no colour. If not the belt lifts to reduce wear on the colour drums.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

I'm sorry but I have to push this older thread. I came across two ricoh C305 where I wasn't able to move that screw. Both of them showed the half round side of the screw to the right side, which is according to the manual relaxed state. Both work though. Anyone know what might be wrong? I don't really want to try to move that screw too hard. Thanks.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc 305 question

Quote Originally Posted by Trommel View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to push this older thread. I came across two ricoh C305 where I wasn't able to move that screw. Both of them showed the half round side of the screw to the right side, which is according to the manual relaxed state. Both work though. Anyone know what might be wrong? I don't really want to try to move that screw too hard. Thanks.
    You should have started a new thread.