Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MPC8002 switching trays

I have a client runs 10k a week, when the lct tray run's out it switches to the next tray, but the next tray has color insert paper in it, i have told it not to switch, turned off tray switching, and, the paper is facing landscape not portrait ??
    is there a glitch? or is there another way to have it just stop when LCT is out?

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: MPC8002 switching trays

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    I have a client runs 10k a week, when the lct tray run's out it switches to the next tray, but the next tray has color insert paper in it, i have told it not to switch, turned off tray switching, and, the paper is facing landscape not portrait ??
    is there a glitch? or is there another way to have it just stop when LCT is out?
    Change the paper type for the tray with colored paper to color and it won't print or copy from that tray unless color paper has been specified. Same for the letterhead option.

Also I believe auto switching for copies and prints are separated into their respective option menus. I don't think one option applies to both methods. Not positive though.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

Re: MPC8002 switching trays

Turn off Auto paper select for that tray