Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

PAPER MISFEED (MPC W2201)

After switching on, the machine will undergo the initialization process then PAPER MISFEED indicates. When I check the position of the black printhead, it is somewhat touching the frame. SC history shows SC 211-03. Have you encountered this kind of problem? Do you think I need to remove the black print head to realign it. I am just worried to remove it because I dont have the ink cap (for covering the ink tube). What do you use if you dont have the ink cap? Ink spill will cause big problem and big amount of money because if ink spill happens, the machine will be dead.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: PAPER MISFEED (MPC W2201)

Main Scan Direction Error. Like with problems with finishers it is not the jam indication that is important. It is the SC code.

The is the carriage is detected as jammed. Signal from the horizontal encoder sensor is not what it should be for the direction the carriage is being driven. Common causes: defective horizontal encoder sensor, horizontal encoder sheet is dirty or scratched, wiring problem going to the encoder sensor or the carriage motor, defective carriage motor, something binding or blocking the motion of the carriage.

I doubt if there is a bad print head unless you have leaking ink onto the encoder sheet or sensor. If you do end up having to replace a print head, the new head kit comes with all the caps you will need.

Slimslob is right on all that he states. The number 1 problem with these machines is a scratched/dirty Encoder Strip (D1242057). Had one this week that was scratched and gave constant Jam Code 002. Follow the setup of the Encoder Strip as outlined in the manual - DO NOT just swap it out!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bowen View Post
    Slimslob is right on all that he states. The number 1 problem with these machines is a scratched/dirty Encoder Strip (D1242057). Had one this week that was scratched and gave constant Jam Code 002. Follow the setup of the Encoder Strip as outlined in the manual - DO NOT just swap it out!
    Thanks Gary. To tell the truth, I have worked on the 2200 but not the 2201. I just used the service manual like I would in the field before I retired.

Now I have to own up - I was thinking CW2200 and not the CW2201. My call was for the CW2200. The Encoder Strip may still be your problem but the part number is D2622054 - it is not the same as on the CW2200. SORRY.

Hi, have you checked your maintenance unit? There is a RTB with a new part number to resolve the issue where the K2 cap gets dislodged, also, the issue where ink spill kills the machine on a 2200 does not happen on a 2201.

I sometimes just use the cover screws to close the ink tubes, it works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Increase the suction fan on all paper modes in service mode and set Print head height to strong . i have had this issue for weeks and that is what seamed to fix issue. never looked like hitting the paper but that is what ricoh was saying
    Copiers are only as good as there last service