Thread: Ricoh MP C5501

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C5501

Ricoh MP C5501

I recently rebuilt the fusing unit on this machine and now it keeps double imaging/smearing . Especially near the edges (copying/printing portrait). The customer is using 28 lb bond paper so I bumped up the temperature settings, but the machine is still doing the same thing. I have looked at the fuser and everything appears to be in place. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C5501

Re: Ricoh MP C5501

Forget to put some Springs back on? If I remember correctly, you have to turn (loosen) the pressure levers and remove the pins holding the springs while disassembling Or maybe the pressure roller bearings aren't seated properly and therefore not letting the press roller fully press against hot roller/ belt.

Check that you have used the right bearings especially for the Pressure Roller. If you used the mini parts maintenance guide from the Product Support Guide it lists the wrong bearing (AE030074) for the Pressure Roller. The correct part is AE030081 - slightly larger outside diameter I believe.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C5501

Ended up replacing the entire heat roller. That took care of the problem. I had previously just replaced the sleeve...memo.. just don't be cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Ended up replacing the entire heat roller. That took care of the problem. I had previously just replaced the sleeve...memo.. just don't be cheap
    This model requires thick1 or middle thick to fuse properly using 28# paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    You can also buy the printer version for this machine and mod it to fit...way cheaper than the original.