Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C2500 - jamming in fuser

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    when someone is given advise by most in this thread.... then he just wants to put a "drop of oil" on it,deserves no " take it easy "
    clearly he didn't take what was said to heart.
    and as far a being polite? people that are offended need to take off the frilly panties and put some BVD's on!
    you need to tone it down...
    there are some who come on this site looking for the free "cure" who have money but dont think :copier techs " should
    make a living and then there are others..those who really CANT afford what YOU and I take for granted in our daily lives...
    Sometimes when you get older you will see that taking the higher road is the way to go...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2500 - jamming in fuser

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    there are some who come on this site looking for the free "cure" who have money but dont think :copier techs " should
    make a living and then there are others..those who really CANT afford what YOU and I take for granted in our daily lives...
    Sometimes when you get older you will see that taking the higher road is the way to go...
    I am older... been in this shit for 30+ years... service manager/trainer/field tech. don't tell me to "Tone it down"

lately we have had a RASH of " Techs " asking questions .... not reading the MANUAL ... and THEN scoffing at some of the suggestions they are given.... next thing they will want is for one of US to drive there and do their Fing job for them!

Quote Originally Posted by savi0r View Post
    I got it the first time. Trust me on that. I'll be polite this time and explain the situation : the customer is a good friend that started a bussiness several months ago. I live in Romania. The machine price was like 250 euros. 500k on counter, but the print looked really nice. Now, here in Romania, an average pay for a month's work is about 350 euros. He had alot of expenses in the beggining and is still struggling. Maybe now you can understand why he kinda doesn't want to pay 700 USD (2 months worth paychecks) and why i am asking the questions i am asking. I am just searching for alternative options. Next time, i would appreciate some manners. It will do you good in the long run. Trust me on this also.
    The bearing need to be lubed. I have had many of this model have bad heat roller bushings, They are melted onto the heat roller and need to be chipped off the use sand paper to clean the remnants off of the heat roller. Also check if the guide frame that holds the oils supply roller if bent. Customers can do this when they leave it open and try to shut the duplex unit.

Try these:
    1 AE04 0069 Oil Supply Roller

2 AE03 2030 Bushing - 20x25

No attitude, just help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    And then there those who have the money to pay for a service contract or hire and train a tech so an actual tech like most of us here can have jobs but don't want to spend it. I'm sure you've worked for one or two before going independent.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I am older... been in this shit for 30+ years... service manager/trainer/field tech. don't tell me to "Tone it down"
    Phil, I have you by about 17 years give or take a couple of months.
    lately we have had a RASH of " Techs " asking questions .... not reading the MANUAL ... and THEN scoffing at some of the suggestions they are given.... next thing they will want is for one of US to drive there and do their Fing job for them!
    They have been around all time. We used to call them takers or "I wants" or "give mes." What we are seeing lately is a rash of those who lack the experience to spot them and therefore give it away. I have also seen an increase of those who want to sell firmware, etc.

One thing I go by is looking at their red and green cards and rep power. Multiple green cards and rep power generally indicate someone who is here to help others. Red cards and little or no rep power indicates a taker.

Then there lazy techs. You've probably around long enough to remember debs1964. She posted in a thread on Rants, Raved, etc about being a lead tech in the London area and having a younger tech who just couldn't do most things on his own. She would tell him what to check and how to do it and a day or two later he was calling her with the exact same problem at a different account.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I just spotted this post, and will just add a few points as I have had these apart so many times.

I have had many of this model have bad heat roller bushings, They are melted onto the heat roller and need to be chipped off the use sand paper to clean the remnants off of the heat roller.
    I have to agree with Tatteous, the heat roller bushings are the first thing to go on these fusers, and I think they were designed to do so. You need to replace these bushings and clean the remnants, even if you want to economise and do nothing else. You must get hold of these bushings, they are also the cheapest part of the fuser. The OP mentions jamming, but fails to mention what kind of jamming, dogear type of jamming, consortina/folded type of jamming, or just stopping half way in, or what ? There is nothing you can lubricate that will affect jamming, if a bearing is seized then it is seized and needs changing, but is more likely to making a squealing noise rather than causing jamming.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    They have been around all time. We used to call them takers or "I wants" or "give mes." What we are seeing lately is a rash of those who lack the experience to spot them and therefore give it away. I have also seen an increase of those who want to sell firmware, etc.
    One thing I go by is looking at their red and green cards and rep power. Multiple green cards and rep power generally indicate someone who is here to help others. Red cards and little or no rep power indicates a taker.
    Then there lazy techs. You've probably around long enough to remember debs1964. She posted in a thread on Rants, Raved, etc about being a lead tech in the London area and having a younger tech who just couldn't do most things on his own. She would tell him what to check and how to do it and a day or two later he was calling her with the exact same problem at a different account.
    yeah but you are "retired" and I will never have that luxury!

it seems the older I get, the less skills/willingness the newer generations of Techs seem to develop. Back in our day we had to 'finger' it out for ourselves, or fail.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

yeah but you are "retired" and I will never have that luxury!

it seems the older I get, the less skills/willingness the newer generations of Techs seem to develop. Back in our day we had to 'finger' it out for ourselves, or fail.
    The most obvious skill they seem to have is the ability to read a service manual. I have always been the type where give a service manual and I will fix it if possible. The tech who replaced me still has to call me occasionally.

the way you respond i would say you are "in shit"..30 years wow,i guess that gives you the right to play jesus..
    AS for your hands on i can fix that approach,why would you say>>REPLACE THE DAMN FUSER!

"WHAT DIDN'T YOU GET?
    REPLACE THE DAMN FUSER!

just because it -= LOOKS =- good doesn't mean DIDDLY! "

I have better things to do than get in a pissing contest with someone who doesnt really read the posts and seems to fly off the handle...GOOD LUCK TO YOU PHIL

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

I am with YOU SLIM about the same number of years,started with APECO doing rebuilds in the shop,then sharp,minolta,canon
    just about every Japanese make out there..I always avoided Xerox,too much drama to get info or parts