Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP C2500 - jamming in fuser

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And then there those who have the money to pay for a service contract or hire and train a tech so an actual tech like most of us here can have jobs but don't want to spend it. I'm sure you've worked for one or two before going independent.
    I ve worked for all types and saw every type of industry and found good and bad.
    I watched a tv show where the vet from Denver went to Romania to help with the
    stray dogs in the street.People make very little but are kind to animals will always
    get my sympathy and RESPECT..That made this guys request for help a bit more.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2500 - jamming in fuser

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    the way you respond i would say you are "in shit"..30 years wow,i guess that gives you the right to play jesus..
    AS for your hands on i can fix that approach,why would you say>>REPLACE THE DAMN FUSER!

"WHAT DIDN'T YOU GET?
    REPLACE THE DAMN FUSER!

just because it -= LOOKS =- good doesn't mean DIDDLY! "

I have better things to do than get in a pissing contest with someone who doesnt really read the posts and seems to fly off the handle...GOOD LUCK TO YOU PHIL
    and I'm tired of dealing with dickheads
    Last edited by Phil B.; 05-24-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C2500 - jamming in fuser

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I am with YOU SLIM about the same number of years,started with APECO doing rebuilds in the shop,then sharp,minolta,canon
    just about every Japanese make out there..I always avoided Xerox,too much drama to get info or parts
    Started with American Photo Equipment Company I see. The company I worked for was a full line office dealer when I started. APECO was one of the copier lines we carried. RolloMatic, SuperStat, SuperStat II (Super Douche). Just missed the Dial-A-Matic, frequent called the dial a jam, had a telephone type rotary dial to select the number of jams or that is copies you wanted.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

When all else fails
    ROFLM@O......

made my day..... (25.05.18)
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

MPC2500....thinking... <~~smoke~~> long time ago now....

Re Fuser jambs:
    1. Sounds like a the fuser home positioning guides might be cracked.

2. Does the machine have a bridge unit? Check the home switches on the bridge covers.

3. There is a redundant exit sensor that is no longer used. It collects dust and toggles the exit full sensor. Unplug the tray full exit sensor and leave it off permanently.

4.There is an exhaust fan up under the user control panel. This fan runs slow and flags a random fuser jamb. Replace the fan with a new one.

5. Fuser belt become loose/sloppy. Physically stretch the springs on the idler tension roller to provide more pressure to the main fuser belt.

6. There are photo sensors in the fuser exit path that can become sluggish and toggle on/off very slow. These can flag a false delay in the paper path that shows up as a fuser jamb.

7. See everyone else's post : Do a fuser PM or replace the fuser all together.

8. Do an SMC report and post pages 1 & 2 (is it?) to the forum.

NB... no attitude here... Just my quirky(okay twisted) Aussie humour...

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Started with American Photo Equipment Company I see. The company I worked for was a full line office dealer when I started. APECO was one of the copier lines we carried. RolloMatic, SuperStat, SuperStat II (Super Douche). Just missed the Dial-A-Matic, frequent called the dial a jam, had a telephone type rotary dial to select the number of jams or that is copies you wanted.
    I started just when they went chapter 11 and most of their branches were bought by a sharp Israeli salesman..
    Those were the apeco 185.186 and 285 models..electrostatic paper..with a paper knife assembly..
    They had a big console model,i think apeco 220 where you adjusted registration via moving mechanical switches on the rail...
    They started their first "BOND COPIER" WITH the Sharp 710 and it had a 6000 pm cycle..kinda funny...