Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC4503 fusing issues...

Hi Out there, Steve here again
    Just an update on the Excel thing....
    Ok so I have now seen this issue at four sites - all on Excel generated prints. Latest one was this morning.
    User complained of offsetting issues. After a asking a few questions and looking at the prints it became obvious that this was another Excel issue. I did some test prints from excel as follows:

1. Did an SMC report and test chart to make sure fuser was OK - but it was a new OEM fuser film so unsurprisingly it was all OK
    2. got the guy to print the problem excel attachment (it was on an email) and got the offsetting straight away.
    3. I got another guy in the office to print a random Excel chart off of a different PC and it was fine.
    4. Asked the first guy to send the Excel file across to the different PC and then he printed it (remember - the random Excel file was fine when printed on this PC) and it offset!!
    5. Got the first guy to print a random Excel file and some word docs just to be sure - and it was OK.

So it looks like it is a problem with a certain Excel version or file or maybe it may be connected to emailing it (doubtful). Unfortunately I couldn't find out which version of Excel the problem file had been created in, I did ask the user, but as we all know - getting accurate info from customers is like pulling out your own teeth!!!

Thanks for your help as ever

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage tech View Post
    Hi Out there, Steve here again
    Just an update on the Excel thing....
    Ok so I have now seen this issue at four sites - all on Excel generated prints. Latest one was this morning.
    User complained of offsetting issues. After a asking a few questions and looking at the prints it became obvious that this was another Excel issue. I did some test prints from excel as follows:

1. Did an SMC report and test chart to make sure fuser was OK - but it was a new OEM fuser film so unsurprisingly it was all OK
    2. got the guy to print the problem excel attachment (it was on an email) and got the offsetting straight away.
    3. I got another guy in the office to print a random Excel chart off of a different PC and it was fine.
    4. Asked the first guy to send the Excel file across to the different PC and then he printed it (remember - the random Excel file was fine when printed on this PC) and it offset!!
    5. Got the first guy to print a random Excel file and some word docs just to be sure - and it was OK.

So it looks like it is a problem with a certain Excel version or file or maybe it may be connected to emailing it (doubtful). Unfortunately I couldn't find out which version of Excel the problem file had been created in, I did ask the user, but as we all know - getting accurate info from customers is like pulling out your own teeth!!!

Thanks for your help as ever

Steve
    Most likely a setting in MS Excel for Plain paper. MS will override any print driver setting
    check page setup for the bad doc You can test it by saving as PDF and reprint using print driver with the correct settings

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Delete printer competely from the "infected pc" and reinstall it.
    Solved?