Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Re: Scan to gmail on new MPC262SFNw

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    Ricoh support confirmed on Friday that SSL is NOT supported on the MPC262. WTF Ricoh. How are you going to introduce a new box and not include support for pretty much every mail system in use today.

Minicopier - Does the relay.appriver.com have a trial period? I just tried it on a c4503 at the office here and it passed mail no problem. If its a free SMTP server and I can get around the Port 25 being blocked via Comcast, I will just use the appriver SMTP.

Thanks!!!!!
    Adding support for it likely has an additional cost. Also this thing is pretty much meant as a retail color machine and Ricoh tends to not put a lot of features in those.

Why buy a C262 when they can get you to buy a C2004ex for a lot more?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I bought one as my home office machine and have ran into this issue. I used the non ssl server and scan to my Gmail account and forward. I've also got a NAS HDD that has a public partition I can scan to as well...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    I had a new install last week on a SPC262 and for the life of me I could not get scan to gmail working. I contacted tech support and they could not get it to work either.

Any ideas? I kept getting either "Net Communication error" or "Server Connection Error"

Its a simple gmail email using smtp.gmail.com and Port 465. Issue was I cant find where to select SSL for auth.

Thanks
    Dnsexit.com

Implemented it for my company a year ago when google tightened up. It’s relatively cheap (packages are based off of the amount of relays sent per day). Works with a variety of ports and the only minor issue I’ve had is scans being flagged as junk which is easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk