Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scan to gmail on new MPC262SFNw

I had a new install last week on a SPC262 and for the life of me I could not get scan to gmail working. I contacted tech support and they could not get it to work either.

Any ideas? I kept getting either "Net Communication error" or "Server Connection Error"

Its a simple gmail email using smtp.gmail.com and Port 465. Issue was I cant find where to select SSL for auth.

Thanks
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Scan to gmail on new MPC262SFNw

Check the network settings. If gateway or DNS are not correct, connection cannot cannot be made.

go to system system settings, file transfer , select smtp on the window you should see smtp server and under that ssl on or off tab , just select on

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Check the network settings. If gateway or DNS are not correct, connection cannot cannot be made.
    I double checked and all settings are correct. Its in a home running Comcast and I used DHCP to acquire DNS and all other network settings.

I have set up countless Scan to Email's and this one has me stumped
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    go to system system settings, file transfer , select smtp on the window you should see smtp server and under that ssl on or off tab , just select on
    The new interface on the SPC262 is not like all the other RFG settings menu. There is no SSL tab to select or even a place to enter the info on the panel, I had to enter everything via WIM

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You have to go to the Google account settings and enable "allow less secure apps". Go to myaccount.google.com, log in and go to "Sign-in and security" tab. Scroll down near the bottom and you will find the setting.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    You have to go to the Google account settings and enable "allow less secure apps". Go to myaccount.google.com, log in and go to "Sign-in and security" tab. Scroll down near the bottom and you will find the setting.
    Only needed if you are using port 25.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you do an internet search for "mfp scan to gmail" you should find this link to a Google Support document. Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - G Suite Administrator Help

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    I double checked and all settings are correct. Its in a home running Comcast and I used DHCP to acquire DNS and all other network settings.

I have set up countless Scan to Email's and this one has me stumped
    There is a possibility that Comcast could be one of the ISPs that block SMTP to any server other than their own.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Port 25, which Comcast blocks, on gmail only allows sending to other Gmail accounts. Enabling the "Use less secure Apps" disables two part authentication which Ricoh machines do not support. Be sure that "SSL" is tuned on. This is on the same page as the SMTP serve. Also try port 587. Gmail is wanting users to use "STARTTLS" which runs on 587. 465 is SSL. In some case you may need to add a self signed certificate.