Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mpc305 adf inop

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mpc305 adf inop

Mpc305 adf inop

Got a client with the MPC 305 That the document feeder recognizes there is a piece of paper in the document feeder about when you hit start it scans off the glass and will not use the document feeder at all

Odd thing is we’re not getting any error codes anywhere

Re: Mpc305 adf inop

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Got a client with the MPC 305 That the document feeder recognizes there is a piece of paper in the document feeder about when you hit start it scans off the glass and will not use the document feeder at all

Odd thing is we’re not getting any error codes anywhere
    Are they using Equitrac by any chance?
    PCC?
    I remember this happening on machines we installed that had PCC installed.

Mpc305 adf inop

No it is just a standalone machine that they just moved from another office Is there something I can look at on the machine that would tell me if they installed something that would block that?

They probably broke something when they moved it, New ADF?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Had this only once: df-cable D6065212 was broken.
    Greetings...

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

There is a plastic flag in the bottom center of the ADF that actuates a sensor that determines if the ADF is considered open or closed. If it is not detected closed over the glass it will not run.

Also make sure the frame or hinges are not damaged. Had a customer crack the ADF frame on a MP301 near the right hinge which allowed it to slide around enough to not trigger the closed sensor.

Had to make a splint out of plastic and epoxy under the back cover. Works good now.

Mpc305 adf inop

+1 on the above post by sturmtrooper. These ADF's are flimsy all around, and when you get certain customers that man-handle them, they don't last long, especially when they go to move them. Had one customer move it by holding the ADF (mistakenly) and snapped that damn thing right off.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    +1 on the above post by sturmtrooper. These ADF's are flimsy all around, and when you get certain customers that man-handle them, they don't last long, especially when they go to move them. Had one customer move it by holding the ADF (mistakenly) and snapped that damn thing right off.
    Yeah they are almost all plastic. The thing that really butters my biscuits about it is that it's at the local DMV equivalent that's completely staffed by women. It's also the only one that has ever broke that way out of the probably 20 or so of MP 301s we have in the field. Most of them in prisons. Somehow they managed to mangle it more than prison guards. I don't even.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    Yeah they are almost all plastic. The thing that really butters my biscuits about it is that it's at the local DMV equivalent that's completely staffed by women. It's also the only one that has ever broke that way out of the probably 20 or so of MP 301s we have in the field. Most of them in prisons. Somehow they managed to mangle it more than prison guards. I don't even.
    I guess one could assume those DMV staff ladies might be needing some "loving" more so than "prison staff"..
    Here I never see any at DMV that I would ever want to see on a more intimate setting,but who knows where in
    your part of the world...Here I FIND LEGAL SECRETARIES really hard on most equipement......

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Mpc305 adf inop

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    I've seen this happen to a ton of the MP301s. They were cheap when making the hinge slot thing. I don't know that I'd accuse them of manhandling the printer. When I worked for Ricoh, I would keep a bunch of those hinge slots on hand because I'd replace sometimes 2 a week.