Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ricoh sp5200s

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh sp5200s

Re: ricoh sp5200s

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    If it was magnification wouldn't the top of the image be off as well? Sounds to me like the trailing edge registration is off.
    In a word. "no", and if the poster looks more closely at his output, he will see that the reduction is incremental as it goes down the page.

I really hope that the 3 sample pages I'm attaching clears this up once and for all..

I've seen this on virtually every SP5200 that I've run across, that had not already been adjusted - including the one sitting right next to me.
    I've printed a configuration page, then made a copy of it with the default ADF magnification of "0" and you'll see the line at the bottom and the fact that the length has been reduced (it's much more dramatic in the scan for some reason, and "yes" I'm aware that they are skewed)
    Then 3rd pages showsthe result after setting SP6017 to -1.0%.
    NOTHING ELSE HAS BEEN CHANGED.

SP5200 Samples.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    In a word. "no", and if the poster looks more closely at his output, he will see that the reduction is incremental as it goes down the page.

I really hope that the 3 sample pages I'm attaching clears this up once and for all..

I've seen this on virtually every SP5200 that I've run across, that had not already been adjusted - including the one sitting right next to me.
    I've printed a configuration page, then made a copy of it with the default ADF magnification of "0" and you'll see the line at the bottom and the fact that the length has been reduced (it's much more dramatic in the scan for some reason, and "yes" I'm aware that they are skewed)

SP5200 Samples.pdf
    You've got it in one. Exactly what we are getting. Will sort it tomorrow and let you lnw outcome
    Many Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

SP5200 Samples.pdf
    Hi
    PERFECT!!!.
    Thanks a lot. Took three minutes to sort. Set to -1.0% as suggested, now perfect. Thanks guys

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

SP5200 Samples.pdf
    I'll have to keep this in mind for the future, thanks.

Am I right to assume that this only happens through the ADF? Magnification is ok from the glass?

Adjust ADF magnification adjustment under SP6
    What I am to understand is that you have a magnification problem. Place your scale on the glass and make a copy of it. It the copy is the exact same length as the scale, then run the copy that you just made through the adf. Now measure the copy that you made through the adf to see if that is the exact same length as the scale. If it is, then you have a registration issue, not a magnification issue.

If this is happening only through the adf, then your SP 6*** will move the adf reg. But your base needs to be checked first. Make a big plus sign on a blank piece of paper and perfectly place it on the platen glass. The adjust lead and side edge as needed with SP 1001 for lead edge and 1002 for side to side reg for each tray.

Then once the base is correct, perform the reg adj for the adf.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh sp5200s

Quote Originally Posted by Tatteous View Post
    What I am to understand is that you have a magnification problem.
    download.jpg
    You really should try to pay attention, and read the entire thread if you want to help!
    You're quoting me, and I'm not the guy that had the issue. I'm the one who already provided the solution, and was thanked for my efforts by the poster.