Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ricoh sp5200s

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ricoh sp5200s

got small issue with sp5200s. Our guy is away so hopefully someone will know this. When photocopying the copy is very slightly too short so the top is exactly in line (vertically) but at the bottom the copy is slightly shorter by about 2mm. The copy then has a thin line at the bottom of the sheet from left to right presumably due to the copy length. I have been through the settings but cannot find anything on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Dean

Re: ricoh sp5200s

you will need to adjust the DF registration in service mode. You will find it under system sp > peripherals (from memory i think)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh sp5200s

Quote Originally Posted by stobby2 View Post
    got small issue with sp5200s. Our guy is away so hopefully someone will know this. When photocopying the copy is very slightly too short so the top is exactly in line (vertically) but at the bottom the copy is slightly shorter by about 2mm. The copy then has a thin line at the bottom of the sheet from left to right presumably due to the copy length. I have been through the settings but cannot find anything on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Dean
    Am I right to assume that this only happens through the ADF? Magnification is ok from the glass?

Adjust ADF magnification adjustment under SP6

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
    you will need to adjust the DF registration in service mode. You will find it under system sp > peripherals (from memory i think)
    Cheers Kimi. I generally deal with Canon and Sharp so not used to this model. Now l know what l am looking for, shouldn't be a problem
    Thanks again

ricoh sp5200s

Now l know what l am looking for, shouldn't be a problem
    Wonderful, except that's not your problem.
    You clearly stated that the image is reduced, so adjusting registration won't resolve that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You clearly stated that the image is reduced, so adjusting registration won't resolve that.
    Oh well. Back to the drawing board. The length of the image is the problem. It does not actually show when you look at the image. looks fine however if for example you copy the print count sheet the bottom horizontal line is approx 1 to 2 mm higher than the original if you hold them up to the light and you end up with another horizontal line just below it. On normal print this is fine. I had forgotten to check this on the glass so will check that out tomorrow as well
    Thanks again

ricoh sp5200s

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. The length of the image is the problem. It does not actually show when you look at the image. looks fine however if for example you copy the print count sheet the bottom horizontal line is approx 1 to 2 mm higher than the original if you hold them up to the light and you end up with another horizontal line just below it. On normal print this is fine. I had forgotten to check this on the glass so will check that out tomorrow as well
    Thanks again
    So , you're just choosing to ignore my solution above.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

So , you're just choosing to ignore my solution above.
    Whatever
    No No. Far from it. I will be trying your solution tomorrow. Just that l had a reply from someone else saying that your solution would not work. He has stated the following:

Be assured we appreciate any help from you guys offered and have sorted numerous problems thanks to this site.

Roger

ricoh sp5200s

No No. Far from it. I will be trying your solution tomorrow. Just that l had a reply from someone else saying that your solution would not work. He has stated the following:

Be assured we appreciate any help from you guys offered and have sorted numerous problems thanks to this site.

Roger
    Wow! You're just not following this thread very well at all. I give up

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Wow! You're just not following this thread very well at all. I give up
    On the contrary. I will be following your advice tomorrow!