Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: printer driver settings lost in windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Sorry. That was mean of me, unthankfull, unhappy, rude, irreverent, wrong, childisch, shabby, below the belt, vapid, ...
    Through the synonyms now...

HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha Reading is Required Understanding is your problem
    Information has already been posted

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    printer driver settings lost in windows 10

If i uncheck this, customer might get other problems, no?
    The only problem would be if they don't know how to manually install a printer driver they might have to call you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Control Panel (icon view)> Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings (on left side of screen)

Under: Private > Network discovery

There is a box that says "Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices."

Uncheck that box and click "Save changes."
    I wish I knew that years ago. Would have saved me having to click "The printer I want isn't listed" then selecting add a local or network printer with manual settings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

For every 8 hosts i have removed the NW printer (universal & WSD) - installed by the IT company - and reinstalled it with the correct driver and port localy per host.
    Could the reason (that the driver automaticaly jumps to WSD-port and universal driver) be that the original installed machine (by IT) is forcing itself because it is a network printer?
    With other words, does windows give priority to a network printer above localy installed printer?

For every 8 hosts i have removed the NW printer (universal & WSD) - installed by the IT company - and reinstalled it with the correct driver and port localy per host.
    Could the reason (that the driver automaticaly jumps to WSD-port and universal driver) be that the original installed machine (by IT) is forcing itself because it is a network printer?
    With other words, does windows give priority to a network printer above localy installed printer?

If you let windows find the printer, it will install the incorrect driver and port. The printer must be installed with driver from manufacture web site

There IT incorrectly did the install.

We have run into this OVER and OVER and OVER with Windows 10!! The issue being that every now and then when Windows does an update, it will, for whatever reason, decide to change your port to a WSD port and change your driver to a "Ricoh Class Driver". SO, in all of our cases, I have gone into the printer's properties, and changed the port back to original TCP/IP port, and reload the correct driver. I also go into customer's computer, and under "Settings" (the little cog Icon above the power Icon), "Devices" --> "Printers and Scanners" --> Then scroll down and UNcheck the box that says "Let Windows Manage my Default Printer". Biggest symptom for this is a print job that takes FOREVER to print.

At one host the PCL6 setting and port number setting of the Ricoh mpc3001 printer is automaticily (?) set to "WSD-port" and "universal printer driver", sometimes. I think this happens when customer shuts off the machine.
    Anyone has seen this before?
    I clear all WSD driver and auto port drivers. Then install in Win10 with the "my machine wasn't found" and use the IP address like in Win7 Machine specific PCL6 driver only.
    Use RAW port. Que name lp. Check the box for LPR Byte Count Enable. Deselect SNMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatteous View Post
    I clear all WSD driver and auto port drivers. Then install in Win10 with the "my machine wasn't found" and use the IP address like in Win7 Machine specific PCL6 driver only.
    Use RAW port. Que name lp. Check the box for LPR Byte Count Enable. Deselect SNMP.

Its Raw 9100 port uncheck snmp

forget the byte count and que name

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Its Raw 9100 port uncheck snmp

forget the byte count and que name

We never change this setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatteous View Post
    That is exact what we are doing too, but IT company's nowaday's make customars network as "forbidden zone's".
    Even when customar want us to install it, they refuse to give us access, they tell customer we are the amateurs...