Color Production Machine

I'm looking for a color production machine.
    I have several teams from the Ricoh line in sight.
    I have a small graphic workshop where I outsource the color printing where they have Ricoh C9100 and before they had C751ex. The printing is excellent and the registration very good, simple and duplex.
    From now I can not access a C9100 machine for the cost.
    I have in mind the model C5100 and C651ex / c751ex.
    In both cases they are import machines, which come from the US and the sellers argue that they have few copies of 400,000 / 600,000 / 900,000.
    On the other hand other sellers say that these machines are a problem, because of the registration, because they are 4 colors and others, which are machines that have millions of copies because they are of production and when they are new they are good, but then the failures of registration among other issues.
    What is true in all this ? Is it like that? You have to think that these machines are disposable, that you have to buy them new, use them and throw them away?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Color Production Machine

Quote Originally Posted by reglanet View Post
    I have a small graphic workshop where I outsource the color printing where they have Ricoh C9100 and before they had C751ex. The printing is excellent and the registration very good, simple and duplex.
    In both cases they are import machines, which come from the US and the sellers argue that they have few copies of 400,000 / 600,000 / 900,000.
    On the other hand other sellers say that these machines are a problem, because of the registration, because they are 4 colors and others, which are machines that have millions of copies because they are of production and when they are new they are good, but then the failures of registration among other issues.
    What is true in all this ? Is it like that? You have to think that these machines are disposable, that you have to buy them new, use them and throw them away?
    Our company has 1 c9100/6 c7100/7110ex/and many c5100s for true heavy duty production the c7110/7100 have been great. we haven't had many issues with 5100/5200 at all just not sure if our customers are running them like you will be. the c9100 has been great also

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Color Production Machine

Quote Originally Posted by reglanet View Post

I think you need to know do you have a good tech there who can handle major repairs and
    can you get parts easily..
    Your other choice is to buy a low meter unit but you will pay up for that option.
    You can ask here what one would consider that models life span.
    If said unit can go 5-10 million I would not hesitate taking a higher meter unit.
    I myself dont service the production models but there are techs here can give you the real dirt.