Technician

MPC6004 doc feed jams and multifeeding

Do any you have any doc feed issues with MPC6004(D3B0) doc feeders? I have a customer, who is a lawyer, that is complaining of doc feed jams and multi feeding with less than pristine originals, i.e. folded, wrinkled or staples removed. The DF has about 150,000 on it. One-ways and clutches seem to be working fine, I think it is a separation issue. I have replaced the DF belt and DF sep roller but it continues to jam and multifeed when they are copying originals that are folded or have been stapled. Originals that have just been printed feed just fine, I have fed hundreds of good originals thru the DF with no jams at all. The same thing happens on 2 new machines we have in the shop so, I am hoping there is an updated torque limiter or guide the fix the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Technician

Re: MPC6004 doc feed jams and multifeeding

Check and put here the Original Jam code history by checking It in sp mode.

Check and clean the optical sensors on feed and register.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4X mediante Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Update the fw. Also there was a change in the belt-roller, new pn D6842114, sensor-change, new pn AW020190.
    Greetings...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwehner View Post
    Do any you have any doc feed issues with MPC6004(D3B0) doc feeders? I have a customer, who is a lawyer, that is complaining of doc feed jams and multi feeding with less than pristine originals, i.e. folded, wrinkled or staples removed. The DF has about 150,000 on it. One-ways and clutches seem to be working fine, I think it is a separation issue. I have replaced the DF belt and DF sep roller but it continues to jam and multifeed when they are copying originals that are folded or have been stapled. Originals that have just been printed feed just fine, I have fed hundreds of good originals thru the DF with no jams at all. The same thing happens on 2 new machines we have in the shop so, I am hoping there is an updated torque limiter or guide the fix the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    ive had a customer running carbon originals and IT will multifeed but not with regular originals Ricoh said they don't support carbon(NCR) originals through the adf

I have seen several 03 and 04 Series color machines with the Single Pass Doc Feeder that have had jamming and or multi feeding issues and attached is a document about some mods that some guys I work with came up with. This mod adds more pressure on the feed belt unit which helps with page separation and has worked great for of us.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Make sure to clean ALL the optical sensors.
    I've had this on the '03 and '04 single pass where the sensor were full of dust.
    The sheet lead edge stops just past the feed assy and stops.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MPC6004 doc feed jams and multifeeding

OK first of all...
    look in the manual ..fine the page(s) that talk about the jam code encountered ... see IF if mentioned the media in the CONDITION that you also mentioned. In all my years (30+) I have never ( and a Ricoh Tech/Lead for 12) seen a COPIER scanner that could handle that. SOME Kodak and Epson have handled the problem papers.