Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

pro8100 sc621 tcb full

Has anyone had the PSU C go on a pro as we have ordered one as we get the exact symptom of the blown fuse 2 on the board and no 24/5v output
    SC621-00,
    SC670-00, Toner
    out detects > No
    recovery if machine
    cycled off/on
    Or is it something pulling the voltage down as the fuse is all ok ?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    pro8100 sc621  tcb full

Re: pro8100 sc621 tcb full

I don't know about Pro8100, but I had paper tray feed motor coil short to frame and pull down the 24v. Any motor or other that is direct connected to voltage and sink to ground to to operate can do the same.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    pro8100 sc621  tcb full

Check underneath right side of tandem tray for bad wire harness rubbing insulation off. Or you can leave right side tandem open and restart machine to see if it goes away. Other than that, start disconnecting everything you can until the fuse stops blowing. Also sometimes the new power supplies come through cracked from poor packaging.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    pro8100 sc621  tcb full

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Check underneath right side of tandem tray for bad wire harness rubbing insulation off. Or you can leave right side tandem open and restart machine to see if it goes away. Other than that, start disconnecting everything you can until the fuse stops blowing. Also sometimes the new power supplies come through cracked from poor packaging.
    Read his post again. He said it has the same symptom of fuse 2 being blown but the fuse is OK.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks guys the board is on its way and ricoh have confirmed they have had a few go down will update after we replace board

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

bad day at the office fitted board yesterday all worked ok.
    today in the afternoon customer call back same problem this machine is being a pain I will look at the tray tomorrow thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    bad day at the office fitted board yesterday all worked ok.
    today in the afternoon customer call back same problem this machine is being a pain I will look at the tray tomorrow thanks.
    Hello, Did you fix the problem? what was it? thank you
    I am having same problem now...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

yes we did fix it there are 2 boards on the rear of the controller box that the code in the manual said is the problem is also says to check a fuse 2 on the board we did this and it was ok
    what the problem was is a blown fuse on one of the boards you need to check them all they are soldered in .
    after we replaced the fuse and got the copier working the second time we removed and checked the feed unit for trapped wires all was ok and we refitted the units and the copier hasn't had a problem in probably 6 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by slot View Post
    yes we did fix it there are 2 boards on the rear of the controller box that the code in the manual said is the problem is also says to check a fuse 2 on the board we did this and it was ok
    what the problem was is a blown fuse on one of the boards you need to check them all they are soldered in .
    after we replaced the fuse and got the copier working the second time we removed and checked the feed unit for trapped wires all was ok and we refitted the units and the copier hasn't had a problem in probably 6 months now.
    Thank you! i swaped the psu-c from another machine , still same problem,,then found one fuse on AC drive board was blown,which suppose give sc670 instead of sc621 according the manual.. i will replace the fuse and see . Thanks again!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

can you point me in direction of fuse as I have a another one with same fault I have checked I have 240v to the psu c but no 24 out thanks
    im about to order puc c this could save me some money