Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh ProC5100s

Clark26

Ricoh ProC5100s

Hi
    We have a Ricoh ProC5100s. All is working fine apart form over the last few weeks we have notices in the background there are "thousands of little spots" printing in the background. I appreciate there will always be a few "spy dots" in the background but this is covering the whole whole sheet and can be seen with the naked eye. There are dots in the 4 colours but mainly magenta. If the print is full out you can't see it, with any blank areas on the sheet, you can clearly see them. We have had our second set of flyers rejected today. I have attached a photo through an eye glass to show what i mean, anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

IMG_2519.jpg

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh ProC5100s

What are the PM counters on? Is all the firmware up to date?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Have seen the same on 9110 and 7110, have no solutin hope there are someone who has a easy fix

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check the state of the charge roller. If it is dirty, have it replaced. If it happens after the machine idles or on a first run the machine isn't warm enough. I doubt that would be the case in summer but run SP3001-001. Could also be high humidity or degraded developer as well.

In my case it was a pro 7100 with same symptom, after replacing the 4 charge rollers and cleaned everything, the only thing that fixed it was replacing the color drums.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh ProC5100s

Quote Originally Posted by salems View Post
    In my case it was a pro 7100 with same symptom, after replacing the 4 charge rollers and cleaned everything, the only thing that fixed it was replacing the color drums.
    This is a 5 year old thread. You're 5 years too late ass hole. I'm feeling generous today otherwise you would be getting Red carded for being a grave robber.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    This is a 5 year old thread. You're 5 years too late ass hole. I'm feeling generous today otherwise you would be getting Red carded for being a grave robber.
    Pull ya head in mate. No need for name calling hero >