Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 9002 ADF jamming

Re: Ricoh MP 9002 ADF jamming

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Carbon type paper is not recommended original.
    I appreciate the tip, but as I've clearly stated, I realize the issues that this paper causes in my feeder but I am looking to solve my current jamming problem.

As I've also stated before, I've been able to get months of usage without major problems before needing routine maintenance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MIKON View Post
    Do a search of this forum for mikon.I have a pic posted in a older post of the pulley and shaft you have to clean and lube.I tried to upload it put i couldn't upload it.
    Yes, idler pulley as stated in a TSB. It has been done already.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Worn out guides could be the cause.
    Did you checked them?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltaction View Post
    Yes, idler pulley as stated in a TSB. It has been done already.
    Did you remove the assembly like in my pic and remove the pulley off the shaft or did you clean and lube it as stated in the TSB????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Worn out guides could be the cause.
    Did you checked them?
    I have considered it, I have a feeder from an MP6000 that I can pull guides from.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MIKON View Post
    Did you remove the assembly like in my pic and remove the pulley off the shaft or did you clean and lube it as stated in the TSB????
    Yes I have, but as I said before, I've been using silicon compound on these shafts and bushings recently so I'm planning on going back with tri-flow or silk glide and go over everything again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltaction View Post
    I have considered it, I have a feeder from an MP6000 that I can pull guides from.
    Look at the spot underneath the pick up rollers, the guide could be deepened there.
    If it is, than the original guides are the problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

To give an update; I went back for jamming and removed the transport motor bracket including the idler pulley. Cleaned the shafts and lubricated with tri-flow. Also went through every bushing in the feeder and did the same thing.

Running my transport motor in service mode and putting pressure on the registration roller, it doesn't bind as easily as it did before where I would barely apply pressure to it and it would bind and stop.

Short runs of 5-20 pages about 50 times or so tested great no jams.

I appreciate all of your responses, hopefully this gives me months of usage until my next service call.

Few years ago I had a 7502 that gave me fits for months. I was in a dept that used the machine for primary scanning to email. It didn't matter if it was a 10 - 50 - 100 page doc, the first page would jam every so often. Now if the first page made it the entire job would pass through the ADF with no issues. It was only the first page that would jam and tear up the trail edge of the paper. We tried everything! All TSB's, Firmware, cables, belts, sensors, ect...... Ended up being the damn paper feed motor. Replaced that and it worked great still to this day! Not sure if you are having the exact same issue or not, but maybe a step in the right direction for you.

Good Luck!MP7502.jpg
    Last edited by MitchD; 07-09-2018 at 04:42 PM.
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    Few years ago I had a 7502 that gave me fits for months. I was in a dept that used the machine for primarly scanning to email. It didnt matter if it was a 10 - 50 - 100 page doc, the first page would jam every so often. Now if the first page made it the entire job would pass through the ADF with no issues. It was only the first page that would jam and tear up the trail edge of the paper. We tried everything! All TSB's, Firmware, cables, belts, sensors, ect...... Ended up being the damn paper feed motor. Replaced that and it worked great still to this day! Not sure if you are having the exact same issue or not, but maybe a step in the right direction for you.

Good Luck!MP7502.jpg
    Because the motor would bind and then jam, I ended up swapping my paper feed motor with my transport motor and it didnt change anything. Still, I wasn't entirely convinced the motor wasn't a problem so I took both from a working feeder in my shop and replaced them with no change in symptom. In your picture, the paper jams at the registration roller as mine did, however when mine would jam, it would tear my pages and in some case would damn near rip them in half. Which makes it a bigger headache because their originals are medical documents and need to be scanned in good condition.