Thread: ricoh mp c3503

ricoh mp c3503

running windows 10 machine spools for 5-7 min when printing a pdf job
    any ideas ?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    ricoh mp c3503

Re: ricoh mp c3503

Try using a different PDF reader like Foxit. I had so many issues from the last 2 versions of Adobe reader, and I finally just uninstalled it and switched to Foxit reader. I have had no problems with it at all. If you cannot get your customer to change, tick the "spool before printing" box in the driver. It may help.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Using the correct driver/port?

Window's has a habit of installing the "Ricoh class driver"(which is garbage) with a WSD port...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedci View Post

Window's has a habit of installing the "Ricoh class driver"(which is garbage) with a WSD port...
    I agree in win 10 and win 8 you must manually install print drivers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikedci View Post

Windows is famous for this. Absolutely must install manually. Port (ip) and driver.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

Long spool times can also be caused by a remote desktop connection. If the customer connects to a server remotely, the driver is created in the remote connection as a redirected driver. The job is then sent to the remote server, before returning to the local PC and finally the copier.

We've had some remote connections cause 20mins or more to spool a 30mb job.

If the driver is installed on a print server, then a large number of connections to the server can slow down the spool time also.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh mp c3503

Had a slow printing issue with PDF only that took a couple days to figure out. We tried Postscript cards and drivers to no avail, restarting spoolers, memory clears/resets, etc... What we finally found was that the customer had the copier network line plugged into a 16 port "router" or hub (can't remember which term was used), but there was also 14 other lines coming into it. Per the customer's IT, they advised me to plug that network cable into their SonicWall router (5 port)(IT said there was no way that the other router was going to handle the amount of info being sent to print), and that brought us mostly up to speed (55 page document originally took 30 min to an hour to print, with the switch we got it down to 3 - 5 minutes). Still had a problem spooling on the computer side (Slow), but with the amount of windows and apps running (not to mention 3 Monitors), their IT said it was just overloaded with programs running, and they would have to deal with slow spooling. But customer was happy with 10 times faster print speed.