Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

mpc 5503 magenta offset

I have a machine that only offsets the magenta. If you do the printer color test print out the magenta line and square repeat on the copy. It is light but you can see it. I tried another fuser, whole PCU from another copier and it still did it. I was able to get it lighter by doing test bulletin 30 but its still very faint. The customer probably wont notice it but I do. Just wondering if anyone had an idea for something else to try. The firmware is updated also. I did do the package update but reading through the forums a read a few suggestions its better to do each one instead of package so I may give that a try as well. Thanks for any input.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc 5503 magenta  offset

Re: mpc 5503 magenta offset

Offsetting, especially magenta, can occur in the PCDU if toner concentration in the developer is too high or developer bias is off. Too much toner is applied to the drum and not transferred to the paper for the cleaning blade to remove. As a quick check, trying changing SP 2012 001 Charge Output Control AC Voltage to 1: Manual control then lower the setting of SP 2005 by 50 volts. The attached works for XX02 and older but some of the SP numbers have changed for the 03s. The idea is to lower the toner concentration in the developer, then increase the amount transferred from the drum to the paper.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

seen this on c2500 when it has not worked for a while.
    We solve this by making 50 duplex color copies.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We bought this copier used from a distributor. I printed out the sp reports and noticed that there was a lot of settings changed from default. All the heat settings were changed and voltage settings changed. I went and changed all back to default and it pretty much solved the issue. If you look really hard at the copy you can barely see it. Its something the customer would never notice. I handed the copy to to other techs to see if they could see it and they could not until I pointed it out and held it up to a light, Thanks for the inputs.