Technician

Unhappy Ricoh Pro C5100 Pinting Quality with White Marks in both Full Color and Black

Good day Everyone,
    Seeking your advise regarding what we encounter with one of our Pro C5100 machine. Suddenly it print outs with white markings like dust or dirt from a roller.
    Already cleaned, vacuum and replaced ITB Unit, PCUs, ITB Cleaning Unit. but not the PTR and Fusing Unit. Any idea from my Copytechnet colleagues? Thank you in advance! Attached sample Demo Page pattern for both gray-scale and color page.

Done checking the PTR BIAS and shows -50 micro
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts aktasson's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Pro C5100 Pinting Quality with White Marks in both Full Color and Black

Quote Originally Posted by martinco02 View Post
    Good day Everyone,
    Seeking your advise regarding what we encounter with one of our Pro C5100 machine. Suddenly it print outs with white markings like dust or dirt from a roller.
    Already cleaned, vacuum and replaced ITB Unit, PCUs, ITB Cleaning Unit. but not the PTR and Fusing Unit. Any idea from my Copytechnet colleagues? Thank you in advance! Attached sample Demo Page pattern for both gray-scale and color page.

Done checking the PTR BIAS and shows -50 micro
    I have had a similar problem with the image as you shown. In my case it was the position of the paper transferroller. I would suggest you to check the ptr unit and the mechanism. It seems the ptr roller is not enough close to the itb.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Pro C5100 Pinting Quality with White Marks in both Full Color and Black

Did you replace ITB unit or ITB belt ?
    If not try replacing black rollers inside of belt that contact the drums.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro C5100 Pinting Quality with White Marks in both Full Color and Black

Quote Originally Posted by tjvincent View Post
    Did you replace ITB unit or ITB belt ?
    If not try replacing black rollers inside of belt that contact the drums.
    I would include the black roller that pushes the belt against the PTR belt. All have the same recommended PM cycle. In my opinion, they should be replayed at the same time as the belt while you already have the belt removed rather than 300K later and risk damage the nearly new belt.

Technician

[SOLVED]Ricoh Pro C5100 Pinting Quality with White Marks in both Full Color and Black

Dear Colleagues,

Problem is now fixed, without any parts replacement. There is a small foreign object plastic underneath the PTR unit. After cleaning up everything in this location. Print out quality return to normal. Thank you everyone for your comments.
    Have a good one.

Re: [SOLVED]Ricoh Pro C5100 Pinting Quality with White Marks in both Full Color and B

Quote Originally Posted by martinco02 View Post
    Dear Colleagues,

Problem is now fixed, without any parts replacement. There is a small foreign object plastic underneath the PTR unit. After cleaning up everything in this location. Print out quality return to normal. Thank you everyone for your comments.
    Have a good one.
    Dear Sir!

I have the same problem, can u tell more detail information or give some pics what you do?
    Thanks u so much!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Look for foreign object, call a tech.