Technician

SP8300dn Developer unit "Auger"

Hi guys
    I have a developer unit with a problem with the Dev auger, one side that drives the Auger the plastic has worn away, in the parts manual it does not show a part number for the Auger, is this correct, or do I need to buy a complete Developer Unit or is the Auger available seperately.
    I appreciate any and all feedback.
    Regards MalcolmWP_20180626_09_52_24_Pro.jpg

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: SP8300dn Developer unit "Auger"

I'd just replace the dev unit, if that part of the auger has been shredded the rest of the unit will soon follow.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeoverriver View Post
    Hi guys
    I have a developer unit with a problem with the Dev auger, one side that drives the Auger the plastic has worn away, in the parts manual it does not show a part number for the Auger, is this correct, or do I need to buy a complete Developer Unit or is the Auger available seperately.
    I appreciate any and all feedback.
    Regards MalcolmWP_20180626_09_52_24_Pro.jpg
    There is a bulletin for this happening, at least for the MP5002 which has the same dev unit. Supposedly the new units are better, but I won't hold my breath, the whole imaging engine on this machine and it's predecessors are hot garbage.

You can't order the auger and I don't even think it's supposed to be field removable. You can buy new bearings for the end of the augur with the drive coupling on it because the seal on the dev unit can fail and cause the bearing to ingest developer and slowly destroy itself. Best bet is to get a couple and replace them at the first sign of dev unit noise or stiffness in the augur.

But as others have said that dev unit has gone to the copier place in the sky.

Technician

Hi Guys and Thanks
    I have done more research
    The SP8100 parts catalogue shows the Auger/Paddle has being replaceable part number AD03-8091. The complete Dev unit was G147-3005.
    The SP8200 parts catalogue doesn't show the Auger/Paddle as a replacement part. The complete Dev Unit was G179-3010.
    The SP8300 parts catalogue doesn't show the Auger/Paddle as a replacement part. The complete Dev unit was G179-2303.
    Although all 3 Dev units look the same, without comparrisons it would be foolish to try to fix the unit.

I think the only way to prove it would be to order the SP8100 Auger/Paddle to compare, but due to the degradation of the plastic, it could just be chucking good money away, a new Dev unit has been ordered.
    Cheers Malcolm

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SP8300dn Developer unit "Auger"

Is it the shaft of the auger or the brown coupling that mounts on the auger that has worn? Ricoh has used the same basic coupling since the Aficio 350. The last model that showed it in the parts catalog was the Aficio 1035.

B004 3078 Joint - Paddle