Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '03 fuser noise

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: '03 fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    The heat resisting grease, sold by Ricoh itself:
    A257 9300 Grease Barrierta - S552R
    I'm not sure, but i think this is the one...
    It is VERY expensive!!!
    Mark Bbb yes it is CRAZY expensive. That is why I am looking for an alternative.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    '03 fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Mark Bbb yes it is CRAZY expensive. That is why I am looking for an alternative.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Try Super Lube 3 Oz Super Lube(R) Grease also available Home Depot https://www.homedepot.com/p/Super-Lu...1030/202932687

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    i gotta chime in on superlube and i dont use it on fuser sleeves as it seem to dry up over time.
    there are a lot of aftermarket parts dealer like partsmart and others.
    I think the printer community has done a good job with the sleeve lube.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShonRipz View Post
    I may be wrong, but I do believe there is a tsb currently for the 03 series for a clicking sound due to the fuser drive gears. There are updated gears that reduce adrasion. If that is not the cause then I would clean the stripper plate and possibly replace the fuser sleeve
    seemed there was some gap where they moved a bit from the metal

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    '03 fuser noise

They are both going to need sleeves. One is crinkly in the middle, the other looked great initially, until I noticed that a circle of belt about 2mm from one end had completely separated from the rest of the belt. The gears appear to be fine. A lot of good info in this thread. Thanks for the replies.

BTW, here is the grease Ricoh recommends using on c4503 fusers. This is for 3.5 oz. WTF!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 06-28-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    They are both going to need sleeves. One is crinkly in the middle, the other looked great initially, until I noticed that a circle of belt about 2mm from one end had completely separated from the rest of the belt. The gears appear to be fine. A lot of good info in this thread. Thanks for the replies.

BTW, here is the grease Ricoh recommends using on c4503 fusers. This is for 3.5 oz. WTF!
    Even buying direct from Ricoh it's still over $230. I think at one point they explained why they switched from the Barierta grease to the Fluorotribo grease which amounted to "it's greasier grease'

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

When working with a dealer I sourced the Barrierta product direct from Kluber, wait for it, at $800 per 1kg tub! Cheaper than Ricoh but still whopping expensive.

Some specialty items are just gonna be expensive due to the small market for niche products.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    '03 fuser noise

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post

Manufactured by KHYOD,
    Quan Hoa
    Cầu Giấy, Hanoi, Vietnam

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Andy227 do you mind sharing the name and specs of the grease you use? We have tried lithium grease on th mpc305 range with limited success
    I know this sounds silly, but I had some white creamy grease in an unmarked tin that was given to me years ago and I used it, however, there have been a few discussions on these forums regarding grease, and out of the zillions of suggestions, I noted a few. This one seemed decent enough to me and I got the office to order one so we could try it.
    Dow Corning Molykote HP-300 Synthetic Fluorinated PFPE Hi-Temp Grease Fuser 20gm 36663602176 | eBay

"Dow Corning Molycote HP-300 synthetic fluorinted PFPE Hi-temp grease" If I compare with Ricoh Barrietta, it looks the same consistancy and colour, and the price is logical, and am sure it will work. All I know is that I had three mpc305's in the past week jamming in the fuser, and the sleeves were not turning in synch with the pressure roller and when a paper is fed in the sleeve by hand, it almost comes to a standstill. Opened up, completely dry on the bar, lubed, and the whole thing was as smooth as a silk, with no jamming whatsoever. I have concluded that dry sleeves are the major cause of fuser jams (at least on the 305's). The reliance of these fusers on good greasing seems underestimated. Also, the grease that comes with these 'non-original' sleeves is probably going to be some cheap rubbish. They've been getting cheap crap Chinese sleeves, and the grease provided is actually not grease but a little syringe of silicon oil....