Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Build job on Ricoh?

you need to have set indiviual trays as cover and slip trays before it will do what you need the option to do so is in the user tools but the person that demonstrated it should have shown you that.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Build job on Ricoh?

Quote Originally Posted by whycoyote View Post
    I think there has to be something wrong because not only can't I switch trays, batch doesn't work. As soon as I scan the first couple of sheets it starts printing the pages.
    Then you did not put it in batch mode before you did anything else. It should not start until you hit the #. If your sales staff cannot figure it out, they need to contact Ricoh Sales Support. In fact your sales manager should have done so before ever selling the machine. Prevents unsatisfied customers.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Do you just want to add covers to a printorder, or is it that a (par exemple) delivery sheets needs to come out in triple in 3 different colourd pages?
    If the last issue is what you want, then it's only for highly trained IT'ers.
    The first issue is salesman...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Don't let a salesman take your money and run and leave a tech to clean up his mess.

I would hope you would have asked this before buying this unit..
    When i worked for the mothership I had salesman promise the machine would serve coffee and donuts just to make a sale.
    I would do some tweaking but there are things even we cant make possible..
    If said cant do what you want and was told it can,then return it.
    If you never asked then it is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    you need to have set indiviual trays as cover and slip trays before it will do what you need the option to do so is in the user tools but the person that demonstrated it should have shown you that.
    Thank you, that helps. However, the slip sheets option never becomes available, it stays grayed out. I'm thinking there must be something going on there that has to do with the machine not working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    Don't let a salesman take your money and run and leave a tech to clean up his mess.

I would hope you would have asked this before buying this unit..
    When i worked for the mothership I had salesman promise the machine would serve coffee and donuts just to make a sale.
    I would do some tweaking but there are things even we cant make possible..
    If said cant do what you want and was told it can,then return it.
    If you never asked then it is on you.
    I was not involved with the purchase. As usual, people who don't use the machines handled all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Do you just want to add covers to a printorder, or is it that a (par exemple) delivery sheets needs to come out in triple in 3 different colourd pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    If the last issue is what you want, then it's only for highly trained IT'ers.
    The first issue is salesman...
    I am creating meeting packets. Specifically: an agenda on white paper, then the previous meetings minutes are on pink paper, then there is a printed yellow sheet between each agenda item that has the specific agenda item number on it. In between those yellow sheets are white sheets with the information, and those can be mixed sizes. I take it this is a job for highly trained IT'ers?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Then you did not put it in batch mode before you did anything else. It should not start until you hit the #. If your sales staff cannot figure it out, they need to contact Ricoh Sales Support. In fact your sales manager should have done so before ever selling the machine. Prevents unsatisfied customers.
    The trainer was here today, and confidently stepped up to the machine, did the batch thing, and got exactly the same result I did. We both did put it in batch mode first, put in the first original and BAM, it prints it out right away. No opportunity to press the #, it just prints when you scan the first original.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

The trainer was here today, and confidently stepped up to the machine, did the batch thing, and got exactly the same result I did. We both did put it in batch mode first, put in the first original and BAM, it prints it out right away. No opportunity to press the #, it just prints when you scan the first original.

Testing :
    Change the paper colour and orientation in one of the copier trays to A4-R(letter-R). Place coloured paper in the A4-R paper tray.

Using two blank sheets of A4(Letter)paper, put one sheet in the doc feeder LEF (long edge first) and the other 90deg SEF(short edge first).

Make sure paper "Auto Select" is on.
    Enter the normal user "Batch Mode" and "Mixed Sizes" highlighted (on) and then press the "GO" button.

Does the copier print from different paper trays for each of the different original orientation in the doc feeder?
    If not,Auto rotation mode or shrink to fit mode might be prevalent ....

Go into |User Tools | Copier settings| Auto tray switching| without image rotation| highlighted=on.

Quick fix:
    With the above settings working correctly you can hard set your own coloured "slip/cover pages" by rotating the originals in the document feeder(ADF) by 90deg. Every 90deg page will print with colour page separated at the correct place in the founding document.

The quick fix will get you going until IT or Sales get off their posterior and show you how to do cover slips with all the bells and whistles. That will be some where in |special originals| batch|mixed| cover slips|design chapters| etc.. etc...

Last edited by NeoMatrix; 06-28-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

[INDENT]

I am creating meeting packets. Specifically: an agenda on white paper, then the previous meetings minutes are on pink paper, then there is a printed yellow sheet between each agenda item that has the specific agenda item number on it. In between those yellow sheets are white sheets with the information, and those can be mixed sizes. I take it this is a job for highly trained IT'ers?
    As far as i understand it, it's easy to programm...