Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MP 4001 Scan to folder problem

Greeting to ALL

I have scan to folder issue with one MP 4001.

I can print & do the twain Scan from Customer PC OR my Laptop.

1. When I go to address book - New program, I can create folder. But Machine do not display next level (wherein I am supposed to enter path manually OR Brows for network) at all. Further when I revisit NEW PROGRAM, Location No goes up be one ( Say last folder was created at Location 005 then machine displays new location as 006) which means folder was created by system but I can not see that anywhere.
    2. Also if I go to "File Transfer" menu, machine display is completely blank, no options displayed at all(like Delivery Server etc).
    3. If I go to scanning mode and select FOLDER - Brows Network for path, machine displays path correctly after entering User Name & Password, But after scanning when data is supposed to get transferred to shared folder on PC it displays "Path is not found".
    4. I can scan the documents to Document Server & also print the same again from Document Server, means HDD is functioning correctly(hopefully).

I have not seen OR heard such problem so really confused & don't know from where to start. May be something I am missing.

Any suggestions, & thanks to all in advance.

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: MP 4001 Scan to folder problem

Have you tried logging in through WIM to see if you can add a scan user that way and have a look if any users have been programmed? Could be that you have users programmed with user codes but no scan or fax destinations that's why it's creating new user in first available slot. Having things grayed out usually suggests you don't have access rights and need to log in first

I'm thinking format HDD and start from scratch...but only if you actually have accessMP 4001 Scan to folder problem

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Was this originally a Basic model to which an HDD was later added? If so, do SP5846-041 to let the user get access to the address book. If not, sounds like you might have a corrupted address book. SP5846-051 Back up all address book then SP5846-050 initialize all address book sp5846 052 restore all.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Was this originally a Basic model to which an HDD was later added? If so, do SP5846-041 to let the user get access to the address book. If not, sounds like you might have a corrupted address book. SP5846-051 Back up all address book then SP5846-050 initialize all address book sp5846 052 restore all.
    I do not know but I do think that HDD is installed properly & configure & working properly.
    Although I am new to Ricoh except last couple of years( Last 26 Years for Xerox & Konica Minolta), I think I am good at least with system & software's.
    Tell me if I can store documents in 'Document Server' & print from, I do think HDD is functioning OK.

I am very sorry if I am reacting very odd but I am thankful for your inputs, I do need some more technical inf.
    Thanks A Lot

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yes I do get inf from WIM but it does not gets recorded & established as new user OR folder.
    IF MACHINE DO NOT REGISTER AS STAND ALONE, HOW IT CAN REGISTERED THROUGH WIM.
    I THINK WE NEED MORE EXPLANATION.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Greeting to ALL

I have scan to folder issue with one MP 4001.

I can print & do the twain Scan from Customer PC OR my Laptop.

1. When I go to address book - New program, I can create folder. But Machine do not display next level (wherein I am supposed to enter path manually OR Brows for network) at all. Further when I revisit NEW PROGRAM, Location No goes up be one ( Say last folder was created at Location 005 then machine displays new location as 006) which means folder was created by system but I can not see that anywhere.
    2. Also if I go to "File Transfer" menu, machine display is completely blank, no options displayed at all(like Delivery Server etc).
    3. If I go to scanning mode and select FOLDER - Brows Network for path, machine displays path correctly after entering User Name & Password, But after scanning when data is supposed to get transferred to shared folder on PC it displays "Path is not found".
    4. I can scan the documents to Document Server & also print the same again from Document Server, means HDD is functioning correctly(hopefully).

I have not seen OR heard such problem so really confused & don't know from where to start. May be something I am missing.

Any suggestions, & thanks to all in advance.
    Provide us some history!
    Was this machine working properly until this happened? Or are you installing it at a new location without properly testing it yourself beforehand (as many so-called techs that I know, do )
    Are you saying that the programmed scan destinations work, but you can't add new ones?
    It does sound like either a corrupt HDD, or possibly the SD card is in the wrong card slot. (I had a similar issue several years ago with an MP2000).
    You say that "you think" the HDD is installed and working properly. Well if the machine is not working at all for Scan to folder, then you have nothing to lose by reformatting and/or replacing it to see the results.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Provide us some history!
    Was this machine working properly until this happened? Or are you installing it at a new location without properly testing it yourself beforehand (as many so-called techs that I know, do )
    Are you saying that the programmed scan destinations work, but you can't add new ones?
    It does sound like either a corrupt HDD, or possibly the SD card is in the wrong card slot. (I had a similar issue several years ago with an MP2000).
    You say that "you think" the HDD is installed and working properly. Well if the machine is not working at all for Scan to folder, then you have nothing to lose by reformatting and/or replacing it to see the results.
    Yes machine was working properly & it was not moved at all.
    Saved scan destinations are not visible on display, even new created folders are not displaying at all. when I go for "NEW PROGRAM" for new scan setup, destination no gets advanced by one( ie from 005 to 006 to 007). Machine does not give any options further like PATH OR BROWS NETWORK etc. Check My point no 1.
    If I press scan button on panel, and choose brows network it brows & finds PC and shared folder (after giving USER NAME & PASSWORD) and it scans the document but displays as "path not found".
    Also in "file Transfer" menu every thing is just blank (not shaded out).
    I can use document server for old stored jobs and also new jobs can be stored & used for printing BUT MACHINE DO NOT SCAN DIRECTLY TO SHARED FOLDER( AS SAVED DESTINATIONS ARE NOT DISPLAYED ON SCREEN) WHICH WAS WORKING OK BEFORE. hence I am quite sure about HDD is OK

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Yes machine was working properly & it was not moved at all.
    Saved scan destinations are not visible on display, even new created folders are not displaying at all. when I go for "NEW PROGRAM" for new scan setup, destination no gets advanced by one( ie from 005 to 006 to 007). Machine does not give any options further like PATH OR BROWS NETWORK etc. Check My point no 1.
    If I press scan button on panel, and choose brows network it brows & finds PC and shared folder (after giving USER NAME & PASSWORD) and it scans the document but displays as "path not found".
    Also in "file Transfer" menu every thing is just blank (not shaded out).
    I can use document server for old stored jobs and also new jobs can be stored & used for printing BUT MACHINE DO NOT SCAN DIRECTLY TO SHARED FOLDER( AS SAVED DESTINATIONS ARE NOT DISPLAYED ON SCREEN) WHICH WAS WORKING OK BEFORE. hence I am quite sure about HDD is OK
    Have you made any backup of the address book? It is possible that if you uploaded the backup of an older device, there may be differences between one device and the other, such as user codes, assigned sections or users that are empty.

As a comrade commented, I recommend that you format the HDD, and direct the users by hand directly through the WEB environment of the device. Since the information dump, may have left something unstable access directly from the access of "Tools> Address Book"