Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MPC 2003: new toner bottle, but half filled (?)

Different yields on the toners for low end machines. Higher yield toners on the high end machines, probably just use similar toner bottles so not filled as much. if the weigh is what it is supposed to be then its fine. Just check the type of prints being printed, if the yellow is emptying faster than the rest and its not in the waste toner bottle or machine interior then its what they are printing has a higher percentage of yellow coverage.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Hi

I can understand it is very difficult situation, but let me tell you that toner bottle is never full & it should not be.
    When bottle rotates, it expand toner filled in bottle, so it is always filled 3/4 normally.
    I serially think that you are not using OEM toner, which I also do not use regularly, depends on Customer. But let me tell you that I am using C8000 (Which is cheap & ORIGINAL)toner for low speed machines & which works great. I think You are definitely using non OEM toner as you need to w.eight it. Its OK.
    Try my suggestion if you are using non OEM Toner(even if package looks same, cheers to China make).
    Hope this helps.
    hello, thanks to you for answering, as we are official dealers ricoh milano, we buy only original toner ricoh, which we buy and is shipped directly from ricoh italia, also because I saw that the target is still 9,5k pages with both the original and the compatible one, but thanks for the clarification, I have been doing this job for more than 30 years, but I swear I have never noticed how full (or empty ) the toner bottles are However, if actually rotating, it swells, it may be that there is a logic of operation behind it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by daveh12 View Post
    Different yields on the toners for low end machines. Higher yield toners on the high end machines, probably just use similar toner bottles so not filled as much. if the weigh is what it is supposed to be then its fine. Just check the type of prints being printed, if the yellow is emptying faster than the rest and its not in the waste toner bottle or machine interior then its what they are printing has a higher percentage of yellow coverage.
    thanks for answering me, what you're saying is exactly what my boss is saying

the curious thing is that we order high-capacity ones, but then standard bottle are only dirty with toner? ... LOL!

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi guys, I have a strange problem on the mpc2003, the customer consumes a yellow toner cartridge with high capacity every week, during the delivery of the toner the customer pointed out to me (I had never noticed) that the cartridge seems full for less than half, then I tried to weigh it with a precision scale, and the weight is correct (218g), I wanted to ask all of you if in your market the same cartridge is full ?, as I saw that in Italy the code is 841926 instead in the USA it would seem 841919, the toner cover does not interest me, I just wanted to understand if it is normal that a new original cartridge is full to less than half ...
    what is the difference between 841926 and 841919 thanks ...... ps even the other colors are not full of toner up to the top
    I think the others have gone over everything but to sum up: The C2003-2503 toners are lower yield and weight than the C3004-3503 toners which are lower yield than the C4503-5503-6003 toners. Additionally I don't think any of the toner bottles are ever filled completely to their full volume, but since most of them are grey you can't really tell. The color ones, yellow especially are rather translucent though.

I believe the reason for this is that since the bottles feed from the horizontal if the level of toner in the bottle were to be higher than the feed port in the bottle the weight of the toner pushing down would try to force it out of the bottle instead of being fed out at a measured pace by the augurs inside the bottle itself. On top of that too much toner in the bottle might result in it compacting itself under it's own weight. This is very noticeable if you leave a bottle of 6110D toner standing on end for too long, it will cake up instead of flowing freely.

Based on the picture of the bottle you posted it looks about as full as any of the same bottles I have seen here in the US that we have gotten from Ricoh USA.

As to their color usage you might be able to find a coverage amount by color near the end of the 5990-4 report. You may find that they are using more yellow than cyan or magenta. At the end of the day the toner has to go somewhere, if it's not ending up in the waste bottle or in the guts of the machine it's probably going out fused onto the paper.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC 2003: new toner bottle, but half filled (?)

I've noticed the same thing with toner bottles here in the U.S. The 2003's are that way, but they weigh out to what they're supposed to be, same with the C305 toners (only about halfway filled). When they change out a yellow toner, is there still toner left in the bottle? (aside from the miniscule amount that usually remains). These 03 series machines have had issues with sub hopper augers getting mangled and not feeding in proper amount of toner, but I think you usually get an "add toner" condition.

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    I think the others have gone over everything but to sum up: The C2003-2503 toners are lower yield and weight than the C3004-3503 toners which are lower yield than the C4503-5503-6003 toners. Additionally I don't think any of the toner bottles are ever filled completely to their full volume, but since most of them are grey you can't really tell. The color ones, yellow especially are rather translucent though.

I believe the reason for this is that since the bottles feed from the horizontal if the level of toner in the bottle were to be higher than the feed port in the bottle the weight of the toner pushing down would try to force it out of the bottle instead of being fed out at a measured pace by the augurs inside the bottle itself. On top of that too much toner in the bottle might result in it compacting itself under it's own weight. This is very noticeable if you leave a bottle of 6110D toner standing on end for too long, it will cake up instead of flowing freely.

Based on the picture of the bottle you posted it looks about as full as any of the same bottles I have seen here in the US that we have gotten from Ricoh USA.

As to their color usage you might be able to find a coverage amount by color near the end of the 5990-4 report. You may find that they are using more yellow than cyan or magenta. At the end of the day the toner has to go somewhere, if it's not ending up in the waste bottle or in the guts of the machine it's probably going out fused onto the paper.

ohh ... thanks, I finally had the doubt: the toner ricoh sold in the United States contains the same amount of toner than those in Italy, in other countries, this was my doubt, because I saw another EDP code for my cartridge, my boss says that these are dirty marketing strategies that have done for many / as the cost of copying according to the other types (as supports), thanks all those who answered my question

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I've noticed the same thing with toner bottles here in the U.S. The 2003's are that way, but they weigh out to what they're supposed to be, same with the C305 toners (only about halfway filled). When they change out a yellow toner, is there still toner left in the bottle? (aside from the miniscule amount that usually remains). These 03 series machines have had issues with sub hopper augers getting mangled and not feeding in proper amount of toner, but I think you usually get an "add toner" condition.
    hi, the cartridges when the customer changes them, they are really empty (I showed them) ... the problem was when I saw them so scarce from new, I became suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    ohh ... thanks, I finally had the doubt: the toner ricoh sold in the United States contains the same amount of toner than those in Italy, in other countries, this was my doubt, because I saw another EDP code for my cartridge, my boss says that these are dirty marketing strategies that have done for many / as the cost of copying according to the other types (as supports), thanks all those who answered my question
    The different EDP codes are because the toner for the US is likely produced in different factories than toner for Japan and Europe. I know this is the case for the Type 28 developer. It is made in two different locations based on final destination and therefore has different part number for inventory purposes.

Toner type C2503 yellow contains 126g according to the box on our shelf. Which is likely the same as what yours contains.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC 2003: new toner bottle, but half filled (?)

I change the following SP modes on all my Metis models, this ensures that the “toner empty” message is only shown when the bottle is completely empty, many customers repace toner at “near end” also a recent fw update changes the “toner nearly empty” to “check you have a spare” (not sure of the exact message)

Toner end by TD sensor SP3-100-002
    Change the near end display SP3110-001/2/3/4 = set to 0
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I change the following SP modes on all my Metis models, this ensures that the “toner empty” message is only shown when the bottle is completely empty, many customers repace toner at “near end” also a recent fw update changes the “toner nearly empty” to “check you have a spare” (not sure of the exact message)

Toner end by TD sensor SP3-100-002
    Change the near end display SP3110-001/2/3/4 = set to 0
    IT's something like "toner low, check spare" then "toner low, prepare spare" Then "GIMME TONER"