Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Question Strange piece in MP C4503

Hi !!!

This is my first post in this forum. I hope my english level is not too bad xD hahaha.

I am a technician in a Spanish company and recently we have detected a strange piece in one of the machines that have been installed. I will put images:

20180711_111200.jpg20180711_111245.jpg

This piece is not reflected in the exploded manuals, or in the revision notes and found any information.

Not only seems something manufactured to fulfill a very specific function, but to know how it is cataloged (I mean, cutting code), ask it since it would be useful for a model MPCxx04 that was installed new and has not been 2 years of work with just 200K accumulated copies. But, on top of that, the unit generates noise and in turn clarifies the copy and this piece could be very useful. Thank the help to any technical partner.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Strange piece in MP C4503

Re: Strange piece in MP C4503

This is a new feature on all Metis dev units. A "knocking mechanism" has been added

See attached bulletin.

New type DEV Units.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Re: Extraña pieza C4503 MP

Thanks for answering my question. This bulletin was not sent by the official circles of Spain / Europe.
    Being a piece added to the Unit of Development, I understand that this piece does not have a number or exploded code for your individual request to install in other devices. I'm right?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Extraña pieza C4503 MP

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Thanks for answering my question. This bulletin was not sent by the official circles of Spain / Europe.
    Being a piece added to the Unit of Development, I understand that this piece does not have a number or exploded code for your individual request to install in other devices. I'm right?
    Yes thats correct it comes prefitted to every new dev unit for the Metis
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Hi !!!
    This is my first post in this forum. I hope my english level is not too bad xD hahaha.

I am a technician in a Spanish company and recently we have detected a strange piece in one of the machines that have been installed. I will put images:

20180711_111200.jpg20180711_111245.jpg

This piece is not reflected in the exploded manuals, or in the revision notes and found any information.
    Not only seems something manufactured to fulfill a very specific function, but to know how it is cataloged (I mean, cutting code), ask it since it would be useful for a model MPCxx04 that was installed new and has not been 2 years of work with just 200K accumulated copies. But, on top of that, the unit generates noise and in turn clarifies the copy and this piece could be very useful. Thank the help to any technical partner.

looks to be part of the dev unit... the feed for the toner. all one unit.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    [/LEFT]

looks to be part of the dev unit... the feed for the toner. all one unit.
    Copier tech already answered this in great detail with his pdf on the new style dv units. But, just in case you were unable to open his file................That mechanism bangs on the cover causing built up toner to drop away from the toner filter preventing obstruction of air flow.

P.S. Good post----copier tech.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Copier tech already answered this in great detail with his pdf on the new style dv units. But, just in case you were unable to open his file................That mechanism bangs on the cover causing built up toner to drop away from the toner filter preventing obstruction of air flow.

P.S. Good post----copier tech.
    don't know how i missed it...

thanks for knocking me in the head about it!

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    don't know how i missed it...

thanks for knocking me in the head about it!
    No disrespect intended friend......I posted that because I just thought you had issues and couldnt open and view that pdf file.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Thanks technical friends, for resolving this doubt.

It is a pity that this "modification / piece" can not be ordered separately, since as I commented in the 1st post, I have a new model MP Cxx04 that does not exceed 2 years of use by part of the client and in my case the central (Ricoh Spain), we indicate that it would be out of warranty, so we can not request the change of the Developer Unit. Although according to technical specifications, this unit should support 600K and not even 200k since its installation, 1 and a half years ago.

Any advice???

Thanks technical friends, for resolving this doubt.

It is a pity that this "modification / piece" can not be ordered separately, since as I commented in the 1st post, I have a new model MP Cxx04 that does not exceed 2 years of use by part of the client and in my case the central (Ricoh Spain), we indicate that it would be out of warranty, so we can not request the change of the Developer Unit. Although according to technical specifications, this unit should support 600K and not even 200k since its installation, 1 and a half years ago.

Any advice???