Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh Mpc4500

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh Mpc4500

Hi to all,

i printed a colored book using Ricoh mpc4500 and the black text is not solid black. it is a little blurry for the black text has color on it. I changed some settings in the printer driver setup but no change. There is not much to change in the printer driver settings, i am thinking maybe it's the settings in the machine that i need to change. if i print black only with no color, the black print is perfect. what settings do i need to change? Any help please.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Mpc4500

Re: Ricoh Mpc4500

Quote Originally Posted by Users Tech View Post
    Hi to all,

i printed a colored book using Ricoh mpc4500 and the black text is not solid black. it is a little blurry for the black text has color on it. I changed some settings in the printer driver setup but no change. There is not much to change in the printer driver settings, i am thinking maybe it's the settings in the machine that i need to change. if i print black only with no color, the black print is perfect. what settings do i need to change? Any help please.
    Post some print samples
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

i don't understand what do u print

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDlan View Post
    i don't understand what do u print
    What the partner wants to say is that you make captures of the printing defect and attach them to the post so that we can see, said impression anomaly.
    A cordial greeting.

Images would definitely help here

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Mpc4500

Hi to all,

Symptom 1 black prints not solid-----Try the ACC adjustment to see if blacks improve. (user tools/maint/auto color calibration)

Symptom 2 Blurry copies---- color registration may be off. If you are a tech , clean the ID sensors , then just go into SP mode and run the forced line adjustment to see if that fixes the issue.
    1. First do SP2-111-3.
    2. Then do SP2-111-1.

If you are not a tech , you might want to call one if the ACC adjustment in user tools doesn't help.
    He can quickly clean the ID sensors and run that line adj in SP mode.

Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

attached printouts from Ricoh Mpc4500 and Hp cp4525 using the same document. as you can see in the pics the black prints using Ricoh is not as clear as Hp printouts. With Hp there is an option in the printer settings to set it as auto or manual setting and i set it at manual. Also, on the Hp printer i can select from 3 options: 1.) auto, 2.) mostly color, 3.) mostly black(i can save toner on this for it will only use black toner on black text)
    Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

The text is being processed as an image, if you print the same document as B&W, the text should be a lot clearer.

You can try changing the Print Quality settings in the printer driver preferences / properties.

However, this model is limited due to its age.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

attached printouts from Ricoh Mpc4500 and Hp cp4525 using the same document. as you can see in the pics the black prints using Ricoh is not as clear as Hp printouts. With Hp there is an option in the printer settings to set it as auto or manual setting and i set it at manual. Also, on the Hp printer i can select from 3 options: 1.) auto, 2.) mostly color, 3.) mostly black(i can save toner on this for it will only use black toner on black text)
    Please help.
    Please try to understand the difference in machine design(even if I am not able to clearly prove technically)
    There is difference in toner in HP & Ricoh.
    I presume by look of prints, you are talking/comparing HP black & white machine(pls correct if I am wrong, if so then it could be some different solution) with Ricoh color machine.
    Color machines (Any brand which uses powder toner) use translucent toner ( Which is semi-transparent and four layers put on each another and after fixing, it develops different shades)
    B & W toner is OPEC which do not allow light to pass through it, SO LOOKS MORE DARKER.
    This can be easily viewed if you print BLUE(Magenta+Cyan) patch on Yellow shaded paper, which turns out to be more darker(blackish) than printed same on white paper.
    Hope this helps to make customer understand the difference.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Mpc4500

These are two totally different machines, you will NEVER get them both printing as the exact same quality.

The MPC4500 is such an old machine could have a number of parts worn out.

If you customer is this fussy its time they upgraded!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk